2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

31 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Glad they were able to get this done. Don’t mind the terms all things considered. 

A little more than I would have liked, but he was a guy they needed to bring back.  Plenty fine with this one.

13 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Gross.  

37 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Glad they were able to get this done. Don’t mind the terms all things considered. 

For a DE I don't mind those terms. I think it is more affordable than some of the other options that were going to be on the market. 

Does anyone see Miami kicking the tires on Landry since the Browns are reportedly releasing him?

Yeah not sure what the Edmonds signing means for Gaskins. Pretty much the same smallish gadget type backs that aren't overly athletic. I guess McDaniel liked him having been in the same divison as him but lets see how the guaranteed money is spread out. Could essentially just be a one-year deal

Edited by Emerica

Just now, Phinsesq said:

For a DE I don't mind those terms. I think it is more affordable than some of the other options that were going to be on the market. 

Does anyone see Miami kicking the tires on Landry since the Browns are reportedly releasing him?

If he's cheap enough, sure.  But I honestly would like to see someone a little more dynamic.  

6 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

If he's cheap enough, sure.  But I honestly would like to see someone a little more dynamic.  

Possibly, but I don’t see it happening.  Landry probably still has a grudge over the trade, plus we already have a pretty good slot receiver.  Why overpay for another one?

16 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Yeah not sure what the Edmonds signing means for Gaskins. Pretty much the same smallish gadget type backs that aren't overly athletic. I guess McDaniel liked him having been in the same divison as him but lets see how the guaranteed money is spread out. Could essentially just be a one-year deal

Good point.  Looks like a desperation move from the initial reports but it really depends on the contract breakdown.

Looks like $6.1 Mil gauranteed.

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Good point.  Looks like a desperation move from the initial reports but it really depends on the contract breakdown.

Looks like $6.1 Mil gauranteed.

I'd have preferred they pay Duke Johnson that money if anyone. 

Just 7.6M against the cap for 2022 for Ogbah would be outstanding 

https://overthecap.com/player/emmanuel-ogbah/4745/

Love this deal. His first season at 7.6 cap hit that escalates at 18.6 in year two. Since most of the guaranteed money is in the first two seasons, we pretty much have an out after two years if he doesn’t deliver. We can cut him for $3M in dead money, $15M in cap savings.

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Couple more decent signings.

Cedric Wilson is exciting and had good production last year as wr3.

Teddy Bridgewater whilst not difficult is better than Brissett.

fingers crossed for these lineman now.

3 years $12.75 Mil guaranteed for Wilson.