2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

5 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Seems like the going rate for LB depth considering we signed Duke Riley for about the same. I don’t want him starting for a 3rd consecutive season tho, ILB should be a need going into the draft.

I agree I view him as decent depth at the position. I am hoping for a more permanent solution via the draft as well. I want the FA money on the Oline first and foremost.

I am wondering/worried with Gregory allegedly spurning the Cowboys for the Broncos do they not go ahead and keep Collins at RT. Not the same position but the money crunch is now reduced. 

If Roberts only plays on ST or in case of an injury, I guess it's ok.  You guys are right in that the money doesn't square up with a starting LB.  PTSD from watching Roberts getting abused the past few years is making me see things that aren't there.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

If Roberts only plays on ST or in case of an injury, I guess it's ok.  You guys are right in that the money doesn't square up with a starting LB.  PTSD from watching Roberts getting abused the past few years is making me see things that aren't there.

Your concern is valid, but he has shown he is capable of making some plays and belongs on the field in some capacity especially at that price.

But to be fair, perhaps my evaluation of Roberts is vastly overshadowed by the deep mental scarring at the hands of the Oline.   

24 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Curious to see how McDaniel's strategy for O-line blocking works out. Like, what if all the recent highly drafted O-line busts actually flourish in the completely new blocking scheme? That would be shockingly wild. 

That would be a horrible gamble to take.  

Possible release candidates that would free up some cap:

Eric Rowe - $525,000 dead, $4.55M cap savings

Jesse Davis - $1M dead, $3.61M cap savings

Adam Butler - $0 dead, $4.15M cap savings

Allen Hurns - $433,000 dead, $2.575M cap savings

Michael Dieter - $246,000 dead, $2.540M cap savings

Clayton Fejedelem - $0 dead, $2.775M cap savings

Myles Gaskin - $21,777 dead, $2.54M cap savings

Cethan Carter - $0 dead, $2.525M cap savings

Adam Shaheen - $333,000 dead, $1.851M cap savings

Greg Little - $0 dead, $1.5M cap savings

Calvin Munson - $22,000 dead, $1.114M cap savings

Not saying all these guys should be cut but it just shows there's still a lot of cap that can be created if needed. Considering we have 8 picks in the draft, a few of these guys could easily be replaced for cheaper. Just releasing Fejedelem, Davis, Hurns, Carter would clear over $10M.

Looks like we resigned WR Preston Williams to a 1 year deal.  Not sure on compensation but apparently the max payout of the contract is $1.99 mil so the guarantee is certainly low.  The guy could be a big contributor if he can stay on the field and get some targets.

Dolphins re-signing WR Preston Williams (usatoday.com)

Edited by Swampbilly

6 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Looks like we resigned WR Preston Williams to a 1 year deal.  Not sure on compensation but apparently the max payout of the contract is $1.99 mil so the guarantee is certainly low.  The guy could be a big contributor if he can stay on the field and get some targets.

Dolphins re-signing WR Preston Williams (usatoday.com)

I'm certainly not opposed to Williams getting a shot to prove himself on a very low salary.  Just make sure that he isn't expected to contribute a bunch.  

• Like 1