2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

049. RB K. Walker, Michigan State

050. ILB C. Muma, Wyoming (this guy is a beast)

063. RB T. Allgeier, BYU

076. WR A. Pierce, Cinci

099. OT R. Walker, PSU

122. DT J. Ridgeway, Arkansas 

201.  P J. Carmada, UGA (the top punter)

223. RS/WR Britain Covey

2023 New Orleans 3rd Rounder

On 1/19/2022 at 10:51 PM, Tetsujin said:

My mock from the PFN Simulator.

The assumption is Miami signed 2 good OTs in free agency.

026. WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas 

O50. RB Isaiah Spiller, TA&M

099. OC Alec Lindstrom, BC

118. RB Zonavon Knight, NC State

122. CB Tariq Castro-Fields, CB

157. OT Obinna Eze, TCU

179. ED Tyreke Smith, Ohio St

201. S Bubba Bolden, Miami

223. RS/WR Britain Covey, Utah

My main concern about trying to sign OTs or Linemen in general in FA is that the Bengals have plenty of cap space as well and likely will be a better draw for the top Oline men. Perhaps even San Diego as well.  I don't want to pay top dollar for 3rd or 4th choice or injury prone. 

10 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

My main concern about trying to sign OTs or Linemen in general in FA is that the Bengals have plenty of cap space as well and likely will be a better draw for the top Oline men. Perhaps even San Diego as well.  I don't want to pay top dollar for 3rd or 4th choice or injury prone. 

Our biggest OLine need is OT and the Bengals is at C and OG.  Although the Charges do have an OT need, it's a good OT draft in the first 2 rounds and that is certainly more desirable than Free Agency.

So, there's hope lol!!!!

Also, Saints are now competition for Head Coach as Payton has retired.

Edited by Swampbilly

4 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Our biggest OLine need is OT and the Bengals is at C and OG.  Although the Charges do have an OT need, it's a good OT draft in the first 2 rounds and that is certainly more desirable than Free Agency.

So, there's hope lol!!!!

Also, Saints are now competition for Head Coach as Payton has retired.

Given their cap situation I do not think the Saints are a "premier" job. Kamara is  an absolute stud and that defense is pretty good, but there are going to be some tough choices ahead. I think they promote from within. 

Edited by Phinsesq
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Given their cap situation I do not think the Saints are a "premier" job. Kamara is a an absolute stud and that defense is pretty good, but there are going to be some tough choices ahead. I think they promote from within. 

For sure.  That's Allen's job to lose.

16 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

049. RB K. Walker, Michigan State

050. ILB C. Muma, Wyoming (this guy is a beast)

063. RB T. Allgeier, BYU

076. WR A. Pierce, Cinci

099. OT R. Walker, PSU

122. DT J. Ridgeway, Arkansas 

201.  P J. Carmada, UGA (the top punter)

223. RS/WR Britain Covey

2023 New Orleans 3rd Rounder

Talk about weapons for Tua! Thunder and lightning with Allgeier and Walker, and Walker ain’t no softy, Algeier is just more physical, assuming we sign a T and C we would be able to stay on the field longer and give the defense some rest, as well as grind the clock ans the other team down . Love Muma, love Ridgeway, I like Pierce but would prefer Christian Watson. But ya awsome draft 

Edited by Jdolphins18

Miami could cut the following and create nearly $14.5m in cap space.

E. Rowe SS - $4.5m (Maybe move Iggy to SS to back up Brandon Jones)

Cethan Carter TE - $2.5m 

A. Hurns WR - $2.5m 

J. Davis OL - $3.6m

G. Little OL - $1.5m

I don't think cutting any of these guys makes the team worse.  

Depending on what direction they go for RB, cutting Gaskin could save another $2.5m.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I have done some mock draft simulators, and I absolutely hate the value of the players that fit for Miami at 29.  Unless a guy unexpectedly falls, I'm 100% on board with trading out of the 1st round.

I agree. 
I think WR and LB should get the most first round consideration from us. If a really nice CB falls that we can stick in the slot, like Trent McDuffie, that should be considered too. I really hope we address most the OL in free agency and aren’t compelled to use a first or second rounder on one.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, Tetsujin said:

I agree. 
I think WR and LB should get the most first round consideration from us. If a really nice CB falls that we can stick in the slot, like Trent McDuffie, that should be considered too. I really hope we address most the OL in free agency and aren’t compelled to use a first or second rounder on one.

I think WR is looking likely from a need and value standpoint.  Right now, a lot of people are still thinking of Christian Watson (WR North Dakota State) as a third-round pick, but he had a very good Senior Bowl week and an excellent combine performance.  I think Watson is going to be a 1st round pick and would be a great value at 29.  I wouldn't be opposed to an interior Oline man or an OT if one of the top 5 were to fall to 29.

Ultimately, I think we have to nail down an OT that can run the outside zone through Free Agency since it isn't likely one will be there at 29.  Also, I don't see a CB in the first 3 rounds unless we move on from X, Jones, or Needham.

Darkhorse pick: Verone McKinley Safety Oregon round 3.  Kid can cover and play in the slot.