2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

21 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I guess it just depends on Wagner's asking price, but I assumed he would be getting around $15 million.  With a team that needs to add 3 new OL at least, along with resigning Ogbah, it doesn't seem especially feasible.

Perhaps, but I'm thinking he will be around $10 mil.  Nevertheless, I think he will look to go to a Super Bowl contender to get that last chance Championship within the next 3 years.

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Perhaps, but I'm thinking he will be around $10 mil.  Nevertheless, I think he will look to go to a Super Bowl contender to get that last chance Championship within the next 3 years.

Yeah, I could see him taking $10 million per to go to a place like KC.  Miami isn't a legit SB contender as it sits right now, so it would likely take more money to sway him.

• Like 1

Holy crap, yes.  Grier better be in on this.  Collins is only 28, under contract for 3 more years, and is due an extremely reasonable $10 million per.  You could conceivably get Collins and Laken Tomlinson for the same salary space it would take to sign Armstead alone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, I could see him taking $10 million per to go to a place like KC.  Miami isn't a legit SB contender as it sits right now, so it would likely take more money to sway him.

All depends on what he is interested in, like LA, Miami as a destination is generally considered a plus, plus no State income tax makes the money go farther. He already is a Superbowl champion so there isn't necessarily that void that many players chase. Would not hate seeing him in a Dolphins uniform but won't feel let down if he isn't signed.

My FA eyes are on Amari Cooper and cutting ties with Parker and signing some sort of DE. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Holy crap, yes.  Grier better be in on this.  Collins is only 28, under contract for 3 more years, and is due an extremely reasonable $10 million per.  You could conceivably get Collins and Laken Tomlinson for the same salary space it would take to sign Armstead alone.

I hope Miami is in on this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Emerica said:

Pretty sure 2nd round tender is a 1yr/$3.9M deal. Hopefully we can work out a longer deal at a slightly lower cap hit. Something like 2/3 years at $3.25M

I would prefer a long term deal for Needham, but I have no issue with him staying for $3.9 Mil a year.  He has been a diamond in the rough.

10 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

My official opinion is if we lose Ogbah in FA and don’t sign a good DE, we should trade up in the 1st round for one.

Oh God please No LOL!!!!  Such a weak draft from picks 11-32 overall.  1/4 of the players drafted in the first round of the 2022 draft would be 2nd round picks in most drafts.  The 5 or 6 DE's that will go in round 1 should all be solid picks but we have such huge needs on Offense that the only way I would trade up for a DE in round 1 is if it was a ridiculously good value for us (but lets not forget the last time we did that "Dion Jordan").

We need to sit tight and let a good player fall to us or trade down IMO

• Like 1