2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

Just now, mountainpd said:

Need to get Ogbah a contract agreed ASAP now.

Agreed. Most if not all the premier pass rushers in this draft will be long gone by the time we pick at 29 and looking at the FA class, there aren’t many much better options than Ogbah imo. There are some good rushers but they’ll be breaking the bank probably. Would rather just find a way to get Ogbah back, who is younger than most those guys anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

I like the move, give Hunter Long another year to develop.

I am torn on Gesicki. I like Gesicki and I get the player wanting to be paid WR money, but at the same time he plays out of the slot in part because he can't block very well. Basically, he is kind of bad at one thing a top tier, tight end should be able to do, so plays another position and consequently should be paid more? He isn't exactly crushing it in the wr category either which isn't entirely his fault but he wouldn't command wr money in free agency either.

I like the idea of giving it a year and if he proves himself as a vital cog in McDaniel's scheme pay the man. 

4 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I like the idea of giving it a year and if he proves himself as a vital cog in McDaniel's scheme pay the man. 

Ditto, if he can flourish in the new offense, pay him. Maybe Gesicki will fit the McDaniel blocking scheme nicely? We'll see. 

17 hours ago, Emerica said:

Don’t mind this. Was not a fan of him and it takes a LT needy team of the list. 

Curious move by the Jags.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for a tag and trade.  Also, I still think they will be going OT in round 1 even if they keep Robinson.  They have to make it all about Lawrence.  Keep him upright and give him easier throws, and that means great protection and dynamic route runners.  That is why I see them still going OT and WR with their top 2 picks.

I know this wouldn't be a popular move in this forum, but a tag for a tag trade could benefit both teams if we believe Robinson can run the outside zone blocking scheme.  It is of dire importance we find an OT that can make those blocks in the run game IMO.  So dire that I would easily move on from Gesicki for that OT.

Equally curious is our tender of RB Salvon Ahmed.  

Edited by Swampbilly

3 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Curious move by the Jags.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for a tag and trade.  Also, I still think they will be going OT in round 1 even if they keep Robinson.  They have to make it all about Lawrence.  Keep him upright and give him easier throws, and that means great protection and dynamic route runners.  That is why I see them still going OT and WR with their top 2 picks.

I know this wouldn't be a popular move in this forum, but a tag for a tag trade could benefit both teams if we believe Robinson can run the outside zone blocking scheme.  It is of dire importance we find an OT that can make those blocks in the run game IMO.  So dire that I would easily move on from Gesicki for that OT.

Equally curious is our tender of RB Salvon Ahmed.  

I don't really love Robinson, but if he came at a reasonable price in both trade compensation and salary, he's clearly an upgrade here.  

I have to imagine Ahmed was only brought back due to McD's familiarily with him from their time together in SF.  Ahmed is actually a decent runner, but he's lacking in most other areas.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

we better be speed dialing either Bobby Wagner or Jordan Hicks... or better yet, both.

Wagner would be a perfect fit for this team.  Probably comes in a bit too pricey though, considering the needs this team still has on the OL.  If it came down to it, I would rather sign the proven OL talent and take a chance with the draft LBs.  This FO has already shown it can't draft OL.  

8 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I am hoping they explore a trade for DK Metcalf. 

I would offer #29 for Metcalf in a heartbeat and then extend him.  He's supposedly not on the block, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Wagner would be a perfect fit for this team.  Probably comes in a bit too pricey though, considering the needs this team still has on the OL.  If it came down to it, I would rather sign the proven OL talent and take a chance with the draft LBs.  This FO has already shown it can't draft OL.  

I would offer #29 for Metcalf in a heartbeat and then extend him.  He's supposedly not on the block, though.

never hurts to inquire, but with Russell being traded I would imagine no one is untouchable. I'd go a 1 this year and a 3 next year. 

7 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

We are #1 in cap space in the entire NFL

why the **** not both

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We are #1 in cap space in the entire NFL

why the **** not both

I guess it just depends on Wagner's asking price, but I assumed he would be getting around $15 million.  With a team that needs to add 3 new OL at least, along with resigning Ogbah, it doesn't seem especially feasible.