2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

6 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

All things considered I would love the Lindstrom pick in the "second third round" since our "Third round pick" is a compensatory pick from I can't remember which team...... 49ers maybe?

Despite the draft simulator asserting otherwise Lindstrom in the 3rd at 102, I believe is a pipe dream. 

• Like 1

This Hill trade sux.  A 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and the 40 million per year deal is too damn much.  Especially for a player who has been in the league for 6 seasons.  Now admittedly, at least we protected our high picks for next season.  But Hill only has two or three good seasons left.  We gutted this years draft.  GMs who don't know how to draft fall back on making trades for picks.  Grier sux.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

This Hill trade sux.  A 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and the 40 million per year deal is too damn much.  Especially for a player who has been in the league for 6 seasons.  Now admittedly, at least we protected our high picks for next season.  But Hill only has two or three good seasons left.  We gutted this years draft.  GMs who don't know how to draft fall back on making trades for picks.  Grier sux.

I agree.  While I think the Hill move has Ross all over it, there could also be a case made to argue that it's all Grier.  Either way if we don't make the playoffs in 2023 ( big task considering we have a rookie HC and the Bills and Pats to contend with ), I think Grier gets the AXE.  Maybe we get really lucky as fans and Ross is forced to sell to a competent owner, but I doubt it very much.

11 hours ago, Deadeye said:

I like the deal.

essentially a 4 year contract. Whilst it sucks to have no draft picks we kept both firsts for next year which can be used to get involved this year or stick and allows us to get a QB next year if needed.

I would expect another FA or two to be signed and it’s easier to attract players now than it was 2 days ago.

This year should end the Tua debate one way or another and our team looks like it is going to be pretty exciting. 

I think we could gain some lower picks back by moving on from some of the roster as well.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 9:31 PM, Deadeye said:

You'll like it in 2023 when Brady signs up and makes you an instant contender.

9 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Just when Tua thought it was safe to go back into the water……

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/03/24/tom-brady-coming-to-miami-dolphins-are-working-on-it/

I doubt a deal gets done, but I sincerely believe our GM is “ working on it “

I don't buy it. Why leave Bucs for Miami? His road to the playoffs and super bowl is far easier in the NFC at the moment. He knows the Bucs system and they are a very talented team as well.

So with the additions of Edmonds and Mostert (also Ahmed signing his tender) does this seal the deal as Gaskin being cut this offseason? I cant see a scenario (aside from injuries) where he gets any meaningful touches. 

Asking because of a Dynasty League and as of now I plan on dropping him. 

45 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

So with the additions of Edmonds and Mostert (also Ahmed signing his tender) does this seal the deal as Gaskin being cut this offseason? I cant see a scenario (aside from injuries) where he gets any meaningful touches. 

We save 2.5M if we cut him, so I bet we do.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

It all depends on where they are with the cap. I would like to keep him on the team if they can afford to. None of our RBs have proven durable. Though fantasy wise, if I had to make a decision now, I would drop him.