QB Brock Osweiler to start for Broncos

SteelKing728

Actually thought after his rookie year that Siemian could be a decent NFL QB.  However, he has definitely regressed this season.  Not having Emmanuel Sanders hurts though.  And as Jrry said, the o-line has been terrible, and I saw Bennie Fowler drop a sure TD this past week, so it is definitely not all on him either.  It's just comical to me that they think Brock will be any semblance of an upgrade.  Based on what I've seen from the two of them, he's worse in every facet of the QB position.

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Actually thought after his rookie year that Siemian could be a decent NFL QB.  However, he has definitely regressed this season.  Not having Emmanuel Sanders hurts though.  And as Jrry said, the o-line has been terrible, and I saw Bennie Fowler drop a sure TD this past week, so it is definitely not all on him either.  It's just comical to me that they think Brock will be any semblance of an upgrade.  Based on what I've seen from the two of them, he's worse in every facet of the QB position.

Yeah me too. That kneel down by Siemian was a crucial part of the season on the way to a super bowl victory. :D

A change had to be made and you can't go replacing the whole offensive line so the only choice the broncos had was to switch to Brock. I think Brock will start against Phi and NE and then be replaced by Lynch. Lynch needs a couple weeks of practice after getting healthy before they throw him in there. Lynch will finish out the season and then Denver will do whatever they can in the offseason to find a new QB.

1 minute ago, One Punch Man said:

Eh. It’s far-fetched. But he’s got DT, Sanders. CJ is good when they give him the ball.

Stranger things have happened.

I see what you did there......:D

I mean in Houston he had DeAndre Hopkins and found a way to make him useless

11 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Eh. It’s far-fetched. But he’s got DT, Sanders. CJ is good when they give him the ball.

Stranger things have happened.

No they haven't. Osweiler had weapons in Houston and did nothing. Lobster shouldn't even have a NFL job. Lynch should start.

A lot of people are assuming this is change for the sake of change. That may or may not be the case, we don't know that for certain. Most likely there's something going on in the locker room where certain players are losing trust in the QB and/or are frustrated in his play. At that point, a change is probably warranted to save the locker room rather than for the sake of change. It's hard to speculate, but alas.

44 minutes ago, Phire said:

A lot of people are assuming this is change for the sake of change. That may or may not be the case, we don't know that for certain. Most likely there's something going on in the locker room where certain players are losing trust in the QB and/or are frustrated in his play. At that point, a change is probably warranted to save the locker room rather than for the sake of change. It's hard to speculate, but alas.

Siemian regressed so hard the last 4 weeks. He's easily a better QB than Brock at his best. Unfortunately he is shot mentally and confidence wise...a lot of which has to do with the trash OL. But at the end of the day, especially w/ this team, the QB can't turn the ball over and Trevor started seeing ghosts in the pocket, only making one read, and making terrible decisions that led to turnovers. The OL killed him, but he has been so bad these past few weeks. You had to make a switch. Unfortunately Lynch hasn't been healthy so we have to see Brock.

All three of these guys are not NFL QBs so it doesn't really matter. But a change had to be made. If Brock comes in and doesn't turn the ball over (possible if you use him w/ kiddy gloves and the run game is effective) then the Broncos could win a few games. More than likely Brock will turn the ball over because he sucks at football

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

but-why.gif

Seriously, though, Vance Joseph is certainly making a lot of people question if he's the right guy for the job after that hot start. Siemian was playing like booboo (his terrible OL should take a chunk of the blame here), but Osweiler is so much worse.

What would you suggest the other option to be. Siemian is the reason (with bad line play) the Broncos have lost the last 3 games and looks in over his head, Paxton hasnt practiced since Week 1 and has been hurt for almost 2 months and Chad Kelly just began throwing a football again since the Broncos drafted him. 

Brock is the only option who has familiarity with the team, the offensive players, ect. Not saying hes going to be great but I think the fans, team and even the players are over the Trevor Siemian experiment if you just watch the bad turnover mistakes he makes on a weekly basis to lose games.

4 hours ago, Phire said:

I think the case is probably that the locker room has grown tired of Siemian’s play and the coaches felt there had to be SOME change, but also were not ready to play Lynch before he’s 100% healthy. Lynch will be the starter by Thanksgiving unless Osweiler earns a longer look.

Plus, most of that locker room’s overriding memory of Brock will be him playing very competently whilst Manning was injured in the superbowl run. These guys would have been too busy focusing on their own games to observe his disaster in Houston and his bizarre stint with the Browns, so they probably all think of him as a really decent backup that can start and play well. 

To prove a point about how absurd it is Osweiler keeps getting these starting roles, let me established that Brock Osweiler is:

1. Routinely ranked worse than Geno Smith was as a starter 

2. At an older age that Geno Smith was

3. With better weapons that Geno Smith ever played with

4. With nowhere near the excellent games Geno occasionally produced.. 

Yet the Lobster keeps getting chances to prove, once again, he is not better than Geno Smith. Or Boykin. Or Austin Davis. Osweiler is effectively an older rookie Kizer with less deep accuracy. He shouldn't be in the league, let alone starting over Trevor Siemian, Geno Smith or Austin Davis.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

What would you suggest the other option to be. Siemian is the reason (with bad line play) the Broncos have lost the last 3 games and looks in over his head, Paxton hasnt practiced since Week 1 and has been hurt for almost 2 months and Chad Kelly just began throwing a football again since the Broncos drafted him. 

Brock is the only option who has familiarity with the team, the offensive players, ect. Not saying hes going to be great but I think the fans, team and even the players are over the Trevor Siemian experiment if you just watch the bad turnover mistakes he makes on a weekly basis to lose games.

Sometimes, you have to accept your options suck. I'd start Siemian until Paxton is ready.

Archived