Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Well, let’s hope Barry and crew remember this tomorrow.  Thankfully, members of this forum aren’t taking tomorrow’s game lightly.  In other forums, it’s all but a forgone conclusion that GB will smoke Minny tomorrow.  It’s still the freaking NFL and Minny has plenty of weapons on offense they can beat a cocky, distracted team with.

Technically, GB should win decisively.  What’s also possible is a very tight game, and predictably, some fans and pundits will call into question whether this team has stones to go deep into the playoffs.

Me - I don’t care how they win tomorrow or by how much.  A win gives them three weeks to rest starters, get some guys healthy, and prepare for their first contest.  But they can’t let Cook run all over them and give a backup QB a career day.

Folks talk about how the cold weather's a big advantage to GB....and in some ways it is / should be....but it can also degrade a talent advantage between teams....and our visions are of of MN players having difficulty coping and perhaps mishandling a cold/slippery ball. Well, those breaks can go both ways. If we're the ones putting the ball on the ground......MN's shown they can score on us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Me - I don’t care how they win tomorrow or by how much.  A win gives them three weeks to rest starters, get some guys healthy, and prepare for their first contest.  But they can’t let Cook run all over them and give a backup QB a career day.

Three weeks?  A win tomorrow still doesn’t mean we don’t have to play Detroit. Even if the top seed is sewn up by then, most of our starters will have to play and every game is battle where guys can go down on any play. I agree with not overlooking the Vikes but it seems you are doing just that with the Lions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Three weeks?  A win tomorrow still doesn’t mean we don’t have to play Detroit. Even if the top seed is sewn up by then, most of our starters will have to play and every game is battle where guys can go down on any play. I agree with not overlooking the Vikes but it seems you are doing just that with the Lions. 

Give me more credit that, brother.  Of course we have a game next week, but a win tomorrow gives Love a chance to play and Rodgers a chance to rest his pinky toe.  Possibly some other starters also.  There’s no pressure to place your blue-chippers in harms way, and a win isn’t necessary - nice, but not necessary.

Edited by Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Give me more credit that, brother.  Of course we have a game next week, but a win tomorrow gives Love a chance to play and Rodgers a chance to rest his pinky toe.  Possibly some other starters also.  There’s no pressure to place your blue-chippers in harms way, and a win isn’t necessary - nice, but not necessary.

The above works only if DAL loses to AZ - or - we build up such a commanding lead against DET that we can pull starters.

If DAL wins - the #1 seed is still up for grabs in week 17....unless I've got it wrong somehow (which is possible) :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Give me more credit that, brother.  Of course we have a game next, but a win tomorrow gives Love a chance to play and Rodgers a chance to rest his pinky toe.  Possibly some other starters also.  There’s no pressure to place your blue-chippers in harms way. 

If we win and Dallas also wins tomorrow, 12 is playing in the finale.  The one seed is too important to fool around with. I do hope we get a Love fest that looks like the Flynn game years ago, but it’s not guaranteed. 

Also, our Oline depth is so depleted, it’s not about blue chippers at this point, just having NFL capable players. They will have to get out there in the trenches. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

If we win and Dallas also wins tomorrow, 12 is playing in the finale.  The one seed is too important to fool around with. I do hope we get a Love fest that looks like the Flynn game years ago, but it’s not guaranteed. 

Also, our Oline depth is so depleted, it’s not about blue chippers at this point, just having NFL capable players. They will have to get out there in the trenches. 

Yep, I totally lost track of that.  Detroit could be a must win game also.

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Don't you think that fans of the Ravens, Browns, and Bengals think that they "should've" beaten the Packers too?  Every team can go back and look at some close losses as possible wins.

Ya that’s what I was getting at…and why I said that’s not how it works 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Green Bay Packers -    The forecast is calling for single-digit temperatures at kickoff, which would mark the coldest Packers-Vikings game ever played at Lambeau Field.

Yeah, it's too damn cold out here. The older I get the more unbearable the frigid wisconsin winters get for me.

• Like 1