Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It'll be very interesting to see the plan against Jefferson.

need to go the Belicheck route and try to take away the offenses best weapon.   Force a team to beat you a particular way.  Granted MIN has Cook and Jefferson as elite weapons.  So I would try to stack the box to limit Cook and bracket Jefferson a lot.  Make Osborn and Conklin beat you 

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

need to go the Belicheck route and try to take away the offenses best weapon.   Force a team to beat you a particular way.  Granted MIN has Cook and Jefferson as elite weapons.  So I would try to stack the box to limit Cook and bracket Jefferson a lot.  Make Osborn and Conklin beat you 

Yes, and on offense we should run the hell out of it and control the clock. 

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I really want to be optimistic but I keep seeing Dalvin running through arm tackles and Mannion hitting WRs on 3rd and 6 while our guys are playing 8 yards off...

Our offense should take whatever they want. Just hope our defense plays better than a bottom 10 unit.

Stick to F5ing for which Packers are on IR so you can talk about what free agent to sign buddy lol

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Am I really being unrealistic about Dalvin running all over us? (See e.g. 2020 game at Lambeau). Am I really being unrealistic about us playing soft in coverage? (See e.g. games against Balt and Cleve). I mean, I hope as much as the next fan those things don't happen, and I hope our D gets back to how they played the first half of the season. I actually thought we were going to wreck the Browns and have a great defensive performance...instead we gave up 220 yards rushing lol.

Teams are going to still have good players. 

Minnesota will be without their QB and one of their best offensive players 

They have significant injuries elsewhere 

we’re at home 

In all likelihood, it’s probably a win.

4 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Teams are going to still have good players. 

Minnesota will be without their QB and one of their best offensive players 

They have significant injuries elsewhere 

we’re at home 

In all likelihood, it’s probably a win.

Oh it should be a win, never said otherwise. And while I don't care if we win by a single point, it would be nice to see a 31-10 type game where we dominate both sides of the ball. My post was more referring to that I think this could be another Cleveland-type game. Hope our defense proves otherwise (and hope we put a team away offensively if we get up on them). 

Cousins out helps but probably not that much.  Minny is going to run at us early and often.  They are a pretty tough opponent so not expecting a blow out.  Guess the line jumped up to 13 if I was a betting man I'd take the points.  We've seen this over and over.  Back up QB and we make him look like an all star.  

Wish I had more confidence in the Packers D but I don't.  Expect a tight game.  Conditions will certainly factor in.  As Stat pointed out it will be tough to catch the ball.  It will be a rock.  Expecting several drops.  As great as Rodgers is we shouldn't attempt to throw it all over the yard.  Conservative game plan and run the ball.  Winning the TO battle will be crucial in this one.  

Pack 24 Vikes 20.  Close game.  To close for comfort.  

Much of the talk in this thread has been about Green Bay's vulnerability to the run.

Not much has been focused on Minnesota's pathetic rush defense

18th. GB   115 yds per g, 4.1 per carry

28th. MN 130 yds per g, 4.3 per carry

• Like 1

SI  -   Punter Corey Bojorquez, tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Tyler Davis, offensive lineman Ben Braden and inside linebacker Oren Burks cleared COVID protocols on Sunday and will be eligible to play for the Green Bay Packers against the Minnesota Vikings.

Lewis, despite being the oldest tight end in the NFL at age 37, has started 27 consecutive games. That’s the longest streak in the league among tight ends by a considerable margin; Chicago’s Cole Kmet is second with 18 consecutive starts.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Oh it should be a win, never said otherwise. And while I don't care if we win by a single point, it would be nice to see a 31-10 type game where we dominate both sides of the ball. My post was more referring to that I think this could be another Cleveland-type game. Hope our defense proves otherwise (and hope we put a team away offensively if we get up on them). 

Ohhh ok. Got you, my apologies. My bad there. 

I hear you. One thing I’ve been worried about is tailoring the game plan to the opponent. Idt we have been doing that much lately . We all know the only way we’re really going to lose is if Dalvin runs wild, so take him out of the game. 

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ohhh ok. Got you, my apologies. My bad there. 

I hear you. One thing I’ve been worried about is tailoring the game plan to the opponent. Idt we have been doing that much lately . We all know the only way we’re really going to lose is if Dalvin runs wild, so take him out of the game. 

Hopefully we stomp them. 

3 hours ago, BAM said:

Much of the talk in this thread has been about Green Bay's vulnerability to the run.

Not much has been focused on Minnesota's pathetic rush defense

18th. GB   115 yds per g, 4.1 per carry

28th. MN 130 yds per g, 4.3 per carry

I hadn't realized that.  Thanks, BAM.  That's helpful to know, and certainly impacts game planning!

I think the Packers still just need to be balanced on offense.   Our run-blocking isn't good, so I don't really trust that we can just control the game by running, running, and running.  Sure, we'll run, hopefully with lots of success, and it would be cool to get a bunch of first downs via the run.  But it's got to be a balanced blend of both. 

And maybe this will be colder and harder than in games past from my memory.  But my recall is that a lot of games with temps in the teens, that Rodgers threw it just fine, and receivers mostly caught it fine, too.  It's just subjective recall, but I almost feel like the passing success was better in the teens and twenties than under normal temps?  (Maybe poor recall, because I was expecting reduced efficacy; or may opposing defenses expected and schemed for run, which opened up passing opportunities?  Or maybe cold secondary players on frozen turf can't respond as easily?  Beats me....). Either way, I don't think it serves us well to take away the passing game, nor do I think it's necessary.  Keep it balanced, as the flow and the defense dictates.  And since the pass sets up the run, **IF** the passing game is working well, I think that's totally the best opportunity for the run to work well also.