Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) at Packers (12-3)

swede700

17 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I had dream that the Vikings missed a field goal to lose,  but it was also against the falcons so I'm not sure what that means

We better not miss a FG because that's probably the only points we'll muster up.

For GB, you can play an 8-9 man box and still take away Jefferson most likely.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:32 PM, wcblack34 said:

Mond seems like a less-polished T-Jack. But he still represents a better chance at winning than Mannion. Sure, he might throw 4 picks, but he can run and create. Mannion just might throw 4 picks with no other upside. 

It's not possible for Mond to be less polished than a I-AA QB who wasn't expected to be drafted earlier than the 7th round prior to the draft.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

With Mannion, we are almost assuredly to lose by two scores. With Mond, sure; we could lose by 30, but we could also win by 3. 

i really don't think Mond gives us any better chance to actually win the game. for different reasons, perhaps, but the same outcome is highly likely.

the reason to play Mond is to give him real game time experience. but a Sunday night game... in Green Bay... in temps hovering around zero for a Texas native...? why do we really think a rookie with no experience can win that game versus the juggernauting Packers?

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You guys could have had Gardner Minshew (and a chance to win today) for one of Rick's beloved sixth round picks. 

In any case, it goes without saying that I'll be cheering for the Vikings today!  Good luck - I hope you get the upset!

UB, did you switch teams on us??

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

UB, did you switch teams on us??

Yeah, I switched to the Jags before the season started.  That hasn't worked out too well so far.  LOL.  Oh well, I'm going to be moving down to that area (maybe Savannah, GA) in the next few years, so I figured I'd just get a head start and learn a little bit about them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm glad you're happy with your decision UB! I hope they reward you unlike the Vikings lol

Thanks buddy.  They have a lonnnnnng way to go, but so far it has been fun watching things develop, in spite of the ugly football and all the losses this first year.  I'll still be really happy when the Vikes get that Super Bowl win.

• Like 1