Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) at Packers (12-3)

swede700

PalatableWatchfulBumblebee-size_restrict

Kyle Sloter back in the league!

Crazy it comes to this but what else you expect when your starting QB is not vaccinated, now only hope is that Green Bay has the same thing happen but only in the playoffs, that would be the absolute ultimate!

On a serious note will be fun to see at least what Mond has and if he looks rough and has had a rough year on the practice field could easily go after another QB come draft time just in case.  

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

how about if we do play Mond and he craps the bed horribly? should ZImmer then be praised?

I honestly am not sure... Maybe I overreacted with wanting Zim fired (considering the situation is nothing short of a nightmare), but I would personally be okay with it just because we can see what we have in the rookie. We know what we have with Mannion, and it is bad. I would be willing to bet it would be a guaranteed loss. Mond is a complete unknown and we should just at least see what we have in him. If Mond sucks, then pull him for Mannion. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Zimmer plays Mannion over Mond, he absolutely deserves to be fired. 

I don't consider it a fireable offense.  I think starting Mond or Mannion is an unwinnable proposition, so it doesn't matter who you start.  The fireable offense was signing Mannion back as anything other than as an assistant coach in the first place.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Okay, time to get rid of Cousins, Smith, and Thielen. As "leaders" of this team, they obviously do not care that much about it. They have a me-first attitude that will literally cost this team wins and that's not fair to everyone else who was trying to do the right thing. I know that Vaxxed players can still get it, but they didn't even try to protect themselves! It is just frustrating. Cousins was willing to do anything- plexiglass around his locker to meetings outside in the middle of winter. He was willing to do whatever it took except the one thing. They get paid millions to play a game and they can't take a free shot to try and stay on the field. Pathetic.

I don't think there is any correlation with being vaccinated and leadership skills, nor have I heard about any player having greater success because they were vaccinated.

It would be fun to look into deeper though, keeping things purely football related.

Just now, swede700 said:

I don't consider it a fireable offense.  I think starting Mond or Mannion is an unwinnable proposition, so it doesn't matter who you start.  The fireable offense was signing Mannion back as anything other than as an assistant coach in the first place.  

Mannion is nothing. The idea that they’d even entertain starting him just shows how much this coaching staff lacks in any vision.

Given the weather conditions, Mond at least gives you better physical skills other than simply turning around and handing the ball off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think there is any correlation with being vaccinated and leadership skills, nor have I heard about any player having greater success because they were vaccinated.

do you live near an airport? because a lot of things fly over your head. lol

it's not that a vaccinated player plays better, or leads better. it's that a leader has to sometimes give up on their own self-centered beliefs and set an example of conduct for other team members to respect and emulate. Cousins did not do that.

• Like 3