Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

So what are they going to do about MLB? Are we really going to take Devin Lloyd or Nikobe Dean at 11? Especially with the receiver talent that's out there. Terry McLaurin is the only guy you can say is definitely going to be great. Samuel was hurt, Brown who knows and the rest are usually just filler. This is why I hate this approach to free agency. You don't leave holes and needs all over your roster when you're going into the draft.

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So what are they going to do about MLB? Are we really going to take Devin Lloyd or Nikobe Dean at 11? Especially with the receiver talent that's out there. Terry McLaurin is the only guy you can say is definitely going to be great. Samuel was hurt, Brown who knows and the rest are usually just filler. This is why I hate this approach to free agency. You don't leave holes and needs all over your roster when you're going into the draft.

Personally, after spending a first round pick on an off ball linebacker last year I'd prefer not spending another on one this year. 

40 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm sorry. I liked Watson and all, but I'm not paying him that much 100% guaranteed money on top of three 1sts, a 3rd and a 5th.

I mean, not that we’re any better but the Browns have tried everything. Does it really matter at this point if they don’t have some first round picks lol

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, not that we’re any better but the Browns have tried everything. Does it really matter at this point if they don’t have some first round picks lol

They've tried to amass picks and use them and still nothing. They aren't sitting on a ton of picks anymore. Trading that much and then giving a fully guaranteed $230m contract is kinda crazy to me.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Personally, after spending a first round pick on an off ball linebacker last year I'd prefer not spending another on one this year. 

I mean, we basically have no choice. Unless their plan is to start Mayo at MLB which if that’s what they do they all need to be fired. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

But how many of those guys are ILB and are under 30? I just don’t see how this group would help what we need

That narrows down a lot. How big was that list to start? Myles Jack, but he hasn't played inside in years to be fair despite us both wanting him. Josey Jewell maybe or Hicks. But we were competing with others.

As far as FAs age isn't your friend; Wagner is still out there. Maybe Hightower but he's a two down. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That narrows down a lot. How big was that list to start? Myles Jack, but he hasn't played inside in years to be fair despite us both wanting him. Josey Jewell maybe or Hicks. But we were competing with others.

As far as FAs age isn't your friend; Wagner is still out there. Maybe Hightower but he's a two down. 

Agreed, it’s not a pretty group, but they have to sign someone better than Mayo. get hard GIF