What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

brownie man

What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

• Keep The QB Depth Chart As Is - Resigning Keenum
    • Trade For Deshaun Watson
    • Trade For Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade for Russel Wilson
    • Trade for a different QB to compete with Baker
    • Sign a QB in Free Agency
    • Draft a QB First Round
    • Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds
    • Draft a QB 4th round or Later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2022 at 08:38 PM

39 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

ok lets assume right how do you fix It giving 2 drafts with Mayfield as my Qb

start fixing.

You need 3 new receivers, one of whom is a stud #1 on the outside, and the other who is a solid possession WR with major plus capability in the Red Zone to catch contested passes and/or move the chains on 3rd down. The other is some type of slot replacement capable player OR burner who may or may not already be on the roster (Schwartz or DPJ).

From there, we need a capable #1 TE, EDGE depth, and a MLB, while hoping that Baker can be better than horrible as a dropback passer and capable in 2 minute drill situations, which he hasn't been for a couple of years now.

That's my 2 year fix.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You need 3 new receivers, one of whom is a stud #1 on the outside, and the other who is a solid possession WR with major plus capability in the Red Zone to catch contested passes and/or move the chains on 3rd down. The other is some type of slot replacement capable player OR burner who may or may not already be on the roster (Schwartz or DPJ).

From there, we need a capable #1 TE, EDGE depth, and a MLB, while hoping that Baker can be better than horrible as a dropback passer and capable in 2 minute drill situations, which he hasn't been for a couple of years now.

That's my 2 year fix.

excellent post so due I put you in the wr draft or defense.

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I was just thinking about Tannehill for some reason (and now I see there is a thread about him Gen) and was wondering how the 2 situations can be compared?

Tannehill has been a middling/solid QB, even with the Dolphins.  However, they moved on from him for a reason.  He wasn't a wow guy, and they believed it was best to move on from him.  

He has absolutely been in a better situation in Tennessee, but this year his stats look very average.  I haven't watched them much, but I know they lost their BEST offensive weapon, and maybe the best offensive weapon in the league, yet they are still the 1 seed in the AFC.

Skill wise (not the same traits) is Baker on this level?  Will it just not work out here, but he could have a resurgence somewhere else?  Could it still work here?  IDK....

Not Tannehill, but I was thinking about Mitchell Trubisky.

Baker/Trubisky both had labrum tears and their play fell off after--Bakers more than Trubisky.

Trubisky because of that was released and is now a backup in Buffalo.

I wonder what Bakers fate will be and if his career will follow Trubisky. I think if Cleveland doesn't give him a chance somebody will since he was a 1 pick.

IMO you either give Baker his 5th year and draft a 'raw' QB in the 2nd-3rd round to sit for a year OR you go balls to the wall and go get Watson.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

you go balls to the wall and go get Watson.

If we do this, I will be leaving my mod position and getting banned, just fyi. Probably stop cheering for the team.

You end up with folks with bad personal histories on the team sometimes, guys who made a bad mistake once in their life. You don't intentionally acquire someone whose personal history makes him out to be a serial predator.

I don't really want to get into this topic in ANOTHER thread. Let's avoid discussing the Watson possibility until something substantive comes out that the team is doing so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

in the office today so have time to post 

to me the biggest problems facing the browns 

A Special teams 

B wide receivers we went from a top 5 team with Mayfield as a qb to 30th.

looking for answers and just getting some takes on the draft.

I don't think we ever have had top 5 WR corp in the league in Baker's tenure, maybe borderline top 10 when they were all healthy a season or two ago.  The media was just obsessed with the idea Baker had elite weapons because of Odell, there's a ton of WRs in the league with less name value that are on par or better than Landry and Beckham and have been for a few seasons.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FGK said:

If we do this, I will be leaving my mod position and getting banned, just fyi. Probably stop cheering for the team.

You end up with folks with bad personal histories on the team sometimes, guys who made a bad mistake once in their life. You don't intentionally acquire someone whose personal history makes him out to be a serial predator.

I don't really want to get into this topic in ANOTHER thread. Let's avoid discussing the Watson possibility until something substantive comes out that the team is doing so.

back to subject now that it is apperant we are either getting a stud wr a 10 plus sack de or construct a offensive line that can play together for 10 years what is your flavor.

I have already put up a offensive and defensive draft so feel free to critique.

oh buy the way thank you everybody for posts this past year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think we ever have had top 5 WR corp in the league in Baker's tenure, maybe borderline top 10 when they were all healthy a season or two ago.  The media was just obsessed with the idea Baker had elite weapons because of Odell, there's a ton of WRs in the league with less name value that are on par or better than Landry and Beckham and have been for a few seasons.

how many teams had 2 1000 yard receivers plus higgins as a 3rd 2 years ago.

when Mayfield was being coached by freddie

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

how many teams had 2 1000 yard receivers plus higgins as a 3rd 2 years ago.

when Mayfield was being coached by freddie

In 2019?  We were the 22nd ranked passing offense.  Off that criteria there were 3 other teams had 2 1000 yard WRs (might have been more but I only looked at the top 10 teams).

Buccaneers (Evans/Godwin), Cowboys (Cooper/Gallup), Chargers (Allen/Williams)

The Chiefs and Falcons would have had 2 without injury (Kelce/Hill) (Jones/Ridley).I would take all 5 of those teams weapons over 2019 Landry and Beckham. 

I would also say the Saints had better weapons because Michael Thomas had 1700 yards and Kamara is pretty elite out of the backfield.  The Vikings had Diggs and Thielen who I think were better but didn't accumulate the yards that year.  Pretty much all these combinations out-performed our duo as far as catch rate % goes, which in 2019 we were pretty ineffective completing passes partly because we threw the hell out of the ball to Beckham.

So maybe at our pinnacle we had like the 7th best weapons.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

back to subject now that it is apperant we are either getting a stud wr a 10 plus sack de or construct a offensive line that can play together for 10 years what is your flavor.

I have already put up a offensive and defensive draft so feel free to critique.

oh buy the way thank you everybody for posts this past year.

I would re-sign Clowney and go WR in the 1st

19 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Also acting like Higgins is a great 3rd WR is kind of crazy, he also barely played 2019 because we were infatuated with Callaway who isn't even in the league anymore.

did i say great is calloway even in football?

1 hour ago, FGK said:

o-captain-captain-my-captain.gif

@LETSGOBROWNIES @NateDawg @FGK we will have to conspire if this happens and figure something else out.