What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

brownie man

What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

• Keep The QB Depth Chart As Is - Resigning Keenum
    • Trade For Deshaun Watson
    • Trade For Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade for Russel Wilson
    • Trade for a different QB to compete with Baker
    • Sign a QB in Free Agency
    • Draft a QB First Round
    • Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds
    • Draft a QB 4th round or Later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2022 at 08:38 PM

Im going to say we draft a QB 2-3 rd round. 

We're going to need a backup anyway because we're probably not going to resign Keenum because we need money elsewhere. That way you give Baker a year to hopefully get his shoulder right and then come back the starter, but you also known you've got a guy who you think has talent. 

I think we're going to end up drafting Sam Howell if I were to put my money on one name right now. 

But I really like Malik Willis as well. No matter what he brings a dual threat ability, and you bring a first round QB it allows save yourself a "Franchise Quarterback" contract. 

To be honest long term Baker just doesn't have what it takes to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen long term. 

If I were Andrew. I'd try and trade down in the first round pick up a 2023 first, draft a QB 2-3rd round, and then see how things turn out. You know next year if Baker doesnt work out you've got 2 first to try and trade up with for a Bryce Love or CJ Stroud type of move. 

What are your guys' thoughts lol

Since we clearly don’t value playing Keenum and rolled with a hurt Baker all year, we can’t justify paying him that money. Goodbye Case.

I think we re-sign Mullins as a backup and draft someone Round 4 or later and then roll with Baker in 2022.

Hopefully this regime has a 2023 and beyond plan or we will blow it all up again, and no one can afford that with a roster this talented and a legitimate window to make a run.

I feel like R 2-3 is no man’s land for QB’s. Not talented enough to go R1 (especially when QB’s are always overdrafted) and still a significant investment that could almost always be better spent elsewhere.

Either get your guy R1 or wait until day 3.

As far as what we do?  I think maybe we draft a guy day 3 to be the backup, or maybe it’s just going to be Mullins. 

I think the people wanting a huge trade or first round pick are going to be disappointed.  Baker is 100% going to be the guy next season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Im going to say we draft a QB 2-3 rd round. 

We're going to need a backup anyway because we're probably not going to resign Keenum because we need money elsewhere. That way you give Baker a year to hopefully get his shoulder right and then come back the starter, but you also known you've got a guy who you think has talent. 

I think we're going to end up drafting Sam Howell if I were to put my money on one name right now. 

But I really like Malik Willis as well. No matter what he brings a dual threat ability, and you bring a first round QB it allows save yourself a "Franchise Quarterback" contract. 

To be honest long term Baker just doesn't have what it takes to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen long term. 

If I were Andrew. I'd try and trade down in the first round pick up a 2023 first, draft a QB 2-3rd round, and then see how things turn out. You know next year if Baker doesnt work out you've got 2 first to try and trade up with for a Bryce Love or CJ Stroud type of move. 

What are your guys' thoughts lol

Wrong 

He beat Lamar this year

And came within a touchdown of beating Mahomes and rodgers 

How many active Qbs beat Mahones,Rodgers,and Lamar in the same year.

No need to answer silence is Golden. 

He has beaten Lamar,Burrows, and Cousins that's good enough to win a Super Bowl with Dpj,Landry, and Higgins the 30th ranked wide receiving group. 

You want to win the Super Bowl with Mayfield sign Williams and call Dallas and say 3 number 1s for Cedee lamb.

Draft Pierce in the second round

3rd round zay flowers wr Boston college.

I will take on any team you come up by drafting Willis number 1.

Right now we could Perryman, DeSean jackson,and Brown,Wr Tampa, with just working the waver  wire.Wednesday Morning GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

I'm sure Keenum will be gone. He's getting paid too much for a backup who we don't want to use even when our QB is beat the hell up.

I'd guess we keep Mullens as a backup and draft a QB day three. I don't expect any big trades to happen. Wilson and Rodgers wouldn't want to come here. Watson's situation is obviously ugly. People bring up a QB like Carr, but who says he'll even be available? And even if he is, I'm not sure he's a substantial upgrade from Baker that would make it even worth giving up anything significant to acquire him. And a guy like Matt Ryan looks like he's definitely on the decline.

Just gotta hope that Baker's injuries are the main reason for his struggles this year. Get him healthy, get him a couple of new receivers and re-evaluate in 2022. If he plays well, franchise him. If he struggles again, move on from him in 2023.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Wrong 

He beat Lamar this year

And came within a touchdown of beating Mahomes and rodgers 

How many active Qbs beat Mahones,Rodgers,and Lamar in the same year.

No need to answer silence is Golden. 

He has beaten Lamar,Burrows, and Cousins that's good enough to win a Super Bowl with Dpj,Landry, and Higgins the 30th ranked wide receiving group. 

You want to win the Super Bowl with Mayfield sign Williams and call Dallas and say 3 number 1s for Cedee lamb.

Draft Pierce in the second round

3rd round zay flowers wr Boston college.

I will take on any team you come up by drafting Willis number 1.

Right now we could Perryman, DeSean jackson,and Brown,Wr Tampa, with just working the waver  wire.Wednesday Morning GIF by MOODMAN

Good post Mike

What are you doing to celebrate the new year Mike?

54 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Good post Mike

What are you doing to celebrate the new year Mike?

Work

This is the busiest Christmas ever in Jackson. 

Buy the way excellent year for everyone on the board 

Let's win these next 2 games

And bring la here in January so a entire generation of kids can enjoy playoff game in are stadium.

• Like 2

If Baker wins these next 2 games and we make the playoffs, Haslem is not letting Baker go anywhere 😥. But if he continues to crap down his leg, I think trading for Derek Carr is an option because it probably wont cost as much as those top tier guys, and he probably would be more receptive to coming to Cleveland more than those other three.

As far as the draft, im not using a first on any of those guys but would love to draft a Desmond Ridder/Carson Strong in the 3rd as a talented developmental guy

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If Baker wins these next 2 games and we make the playoffs, Haslem is not letting Baker go anywhere 😥. But if he continues to crap down his leg, I think trading for Derek Carr is an option because it probably wont cost as much as those top tier guys, and he probably would be more receptive to coming to Cleveland more than those other three.

As far as the draft, im not using a first on any of those guys but would love to draft a Desmond Ridder/Carson Strong in the 3rd as a talented developmental guy

He beat Lamar, Cousins, and Burrows do you remember are other qbs none have beat those 3 qbs in

20 years combined.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Excellent post