Week 17 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You were the one arguing that the Cowboys were a better team because they beat teams more decisively.  Not me.

I never made that argument, and yes, I understand what you’re referring to. You must have misread my posts. The posts are still there if you want to go back and read them. I’m game to talk about it over there if you want to contribute to that conversation.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Imagine being a cry baby because your team didn't show up for a whole game and that was the cause for the loss. The Cowboys only have wins against 3 teams above .500. 

Eagles, Chargers and Patriots. They didn't play well enough to beat the Cardinals, simple as that.

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I never made that argument, and yes, I understand what you’re referring to. You must have misread my posts. The posts are still there if you want to go back and read them. I’m game to talk about it over there if you want to contribute to that conversation.

You mean that same stream of posts where you claimed that MULTIPLE Packers fans couldn't read?  Yeah, I'm good.

1 minute ago, Tex said:

Imagine being a cry baby because your team didn't show up for a whole game and that was the cause for the loss. The Cowboys only have wins against 3 teams above .500. 

Eagles, Chargers and Patriots. They didn't play well enough to beat the Cardinals, simple as that.

Imagine being called a cry baby because of wanting something as simple as a review on the game deciding play. I’m not disputing that they could have played better prior to that point. They still might have rose to the occasion on the most important play of the game. If that ball is recovered by Dallas then they played well enough to go win the game.

As for your second point, I’m not sure it’s really worth discussing given how these games have gone this season. The Bucs barely beat the New York Jets today. That’s just how things have been for most contenders. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You mean that same stream of posts where you claimed that MULTIPLE Packers fans couldn't read?  Yeah, I'm good.

Because they were literally refusing to read my posts, and said as much? Again, it’s all still there if you want to get a proper accounting of how that conversation went. Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here… and I mean, you’re the one bringing it up lol.

Edited by NoFlyZone

26 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

These stats (total yardage) have never been substantiated. It’s just PFF drivel. If you watch the games by no means is he giving up play after play. It’s nonsense. No way would Dallas fans be happy about his play if he was a liability out there. He gives up one play and everyone goes absolutely wild.

Pro Football Reference has him at 853* yards given up, and that’s before tonight’s game.

I don’t know if 1,000 is really “drivel”.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pro Football Reference has him at 863 yards given up, and that’s before tonight’s game.

I don’t know if 1,000 is really “drivel”.

I don’t know where these yards are coming from, truly. If Trevon was getting worked over and over again in these games Dallas fans would not be happy. I certainly would not be happy… but that isn’t what they’re seeing. I truly want someone to pull up multiple games of Trevon giving up plays. Even today, even though he unfortunately did mess up and let Green get him for a big play… that was it. It was like he was gone for the rest of the game. I have no idea how these yardage stats are coming into play… and I would truly love to know because it does not match what is actually seen in game.

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t know where these yards are coming from, truly. If Trevon was getting worked over and over again in these games Dallas fans would not be happy. I certainly would not be happy… but that isn’t what they’re seeing. I truly want someone to pull up multiple games of Trevon giving up plays. Even today, even though he unfortunately did mess up and let Green get him for a big play… that was it. It was like he was gone for the rest of the game. I have no idea how these yardage stats are coming into play… and I would truly love to know because it does not match what is actually seen in game.

I mean, it's a public website. You can literally pull up the game log for yourself.

I'll do the hard part for you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggTr00/gamelog/2021/advanced/

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t know where these yards are coming from, truly.

Kadarius Toney probably knows. Between Toney’s game, and the two long TDs given up (vs Broncos and vs Patriots) that’s probably ~200 yards in 10-15 some odds plays.

Edited by Yin-Yang

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Kadarius Toney probably knows. Between Toney’s game, and the two long TDs given up (vs Broncos and vs Patriots) that’s probably ~200 yards in 10-15 some odds plays.

The long td to Kendrick Bourne was probably more on the safety than on Diggs. Bourne beat him on the route, but the safety took one of the worst angles I've ever seen coming over the top and if he'd done his job it probably would've been limited to a 30-something yard gain.