Week 9 GDT: Packers vs. Lions

CWood21

55 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I'm just ready for some Packers football.

It's felt like 4 seasons since we last played

It's been tough .. that Saints game was very disappointing, and then the wait just makes it worse.  Given too much time to contemplate things just leads me down a path where I begin to question the entire operation.  Hopefully Hundley, McCarthy, and our crappy defense can get things turned back around and get me back into my happy place.

Just now, wgbeethree said:

So call me crazy but I think if we win tonight we go 5-1 until we head down to Carolina.

Marquette down.

I really don't think it's so crazy considering our opponents.  I keep looking at the schedule and the only game that doesn't seem winnable are the Steelers game.  Makes it that much sadder that Rodgers got hurt because if he was healthy, we'd be a shoe in for a bye week. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You've seen Hundley play in real NFL games, right ;)

it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.  If we win tonight it's if and only if Hundley takes a big step forward.  If he's taken a big step forward, then we can go 5-1.

If not, then... not.

My quick review of the Packers remaining schedule shows:

3-4 Lions (H)

3-5 Bears

4-5 Ravens (H)

6-2 Steelers

2-6 Bucs (H)

0-8 Browns

6-3 Panthers

6-2 Vikings (H)

3-4 Lions.

So 3 of the 9 games are against teams with winning records. 4 of 9 games are at home.

Cumulative, current, opponent records = 33-39.

And if you take out the final 2 games in which Rodgers may, may, may be back for, the cumulative opponent record over the next 7 games is 24-33.

Not exactly a daunting schedule.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.  If we win tonight it's if and only if Hundley takes a big step forward.  If he's taken a big step forward, then we can go 5-1.

If not, then... not.

Pretty much nailed that right on the head. Exactly my line of thinking. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

If this unit doesn't improve over the 2nd half of the season, I'm fine moving on from him.

There are enough pieces on that side to be doing better than what they have been the last 4 or 5 weeks.

This is fair. If this unit makes improvements from now to February, why move on? If it stays the same/gets worse, I'll be wanting to move on. The tough part I have is, I don't want to change just to change. If we move on I want to get a guy who is an upgrade. In my perfect world, if we were to move on, I'd like a guy like Vic Fangio. I know it's a big name, but I believe that he has gotten defenses with equal or lesser amount of talent to play at an equal or higher level. 

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:

This is fair. If this unit makes improvements from now to February, why move on? If it stays the same/gets worse, I'll be wanting to move on. The tough part I have is, I don't want to change just to change. If we move on I want to get a guy who is an upgrade. In my perfect world, if we were to move on, I'd like a guy like Vic Fangio. I know it's a big name, but I believe that he has gotten defenses with equal or lesser amount of talent to play at an equal or higher level. 

Honest question - how could we downgrade?

8 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

This is fair. If this unit makes improvements from now to February, why move on? If it stays the same/gets worse, I'll be wanting to move on. 

Why have some fans all of the sudden concluded it might be time move on from Dom if the D stays the same (or gets worse) for the rest of this season?

Dom's D is not performing appreciably worse than it has over the course of the past 6 seasons, is it? 

Sure, there have been periods that the D has played better than it has played through the first 7 games of 2017, but it has also played worse than it is currently playing as well.

If Dom's D was acceptable between 2011 and 2016, what makes it unacceptable in 2017? 

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

If not, then... not.

Yup. They’ve had two weeks to get ready. Zero excuse to not have a game plan ready to go that works to Hundleys strengths. 

Archived