BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If you're in PA, he had to have placed any security deposit over $100 into an escrow account and would have to give you an itemized list for any deductions.

I'm in NC.

Is he allowed to keep the security deposit for "violating the lease" because that is what he is claiming?

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm in NC.

Is he allowed to keep the security deposit for "violating the lease" because that is what he is claiming?

Not sure NC but if it’s anything like Cali...

According to California law, a landlord can only use a tenant's deposit for four purposes. She can use it toward unpaid rent, to repair damages beyond wear and tear, repair or replace damaged appliances beyond wear and tear, and for excessive cleaning costs.

31 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm in NC.

So, there are two possible claims he could have there.

• Damages as the result of the nonfulfillment of the rental period (i.e. leaving before the end of the lease period), except where the tenant was forced to leave the property because of a landlord's violation;
  • The costs of re-renting the premises after breach by the tenant, including any reasonable fees or commissions paid by the landlord to a licensed real estate broker to re-rent the premises;

You can still demand to see the actual costs of what he is deducting.  I would start there.  

Also, did he ever provide the following?

North Carolina landlords are required to place security deposits into a trust account or furnish a bond from an insurance company.

Landlord must inform tenant within 30 days of the start of the lease term regarding the name and address of the institution holding the deposit or providing the bond.

If not, it could give you some leverage.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Basically you can't reply in thread , click the notification button in the upper right or send dms about 75-80% of the time. All you can do is read posts.  I think it depends on what ads roll around 

I do most of my phone browsing on the default android internet browser, but this site I use one called Free Adblocker Browser, that's the literal name, and since I switched to using it I've been able to use mobile without issue, not sure what it does nor will we talk about the specifics but check it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I do most of my phone browsing on the default android internet browser, but this site I use one called Free Adblocker Browser, that's the literal name, and since I switched to using it I've been able to use mobile without issue, not sure what it does nor will we talk about the specifics but check it out.

I recommended him something similar via PM. I do feel that this will solve a lot of the issues he’s having

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:
13 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Basically you can't reply in thread , click the notification button in the upper right or send dms about 75-80% of the time. All you can do is read posts.  I think it depends on what ads roll around 

Mine is 100% of the time that mobile is unusable.  Could be the type of mobile device, not sure.    

I also go to another board that uses very close this exact setup and that one seems to still be working just fine, so it seems to just be with this site (at least for me)  

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

I recommended him something similar via PM. I do feel that this will solve a lot of the issues he’s having

I remember when I got my new phone and tried this site out. I was willing to quit the forum after a day, and had to figure out a different approach. Seems silly to have a different browser just for FF, but it's kept my sanity intact.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Mine is 100% of the time that mobile is unusable.  Could be the type of mobile device, not sure.    

I also go to another board that uses very close this exact setup and that one seems to still be working just fine, so it seems to just be with this site (at least for me)  

Which board is that so I can look up your posts 

• Like 2

Happy Prime Day to me. Planter boxes I’ve been eying for my garden were 40% off today at just over $50 instead of $99. I cashed in some credit card points and pulled the trigger on 4 of them, and I am going to hopefully transplant my strawberries within the next week. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Justin Fields has N'Keal Harry to throw to now. Problems solved.

You misspelled whoever the 25 year old RB/WR we drafted from Tennessee who’s so good I don’t even remember his name. Jones?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You misspelled whoever the 25 year old RB/WR we drafted from Tennessee who’s so good I don’t even remember his name. Jones?

Valenciunas Jones.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1