BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I read a study that said that 50-60% of Americans hate/are unsatisfied with their job. That feels shockingly low to me. I’d have said 70-85%.

I’d say your percentage is more accurate. And I question what careers/areas of work were polled and from what regions. For me it’s a daily thing. Some days I love it other days I’m ready to retire 25 years early ha

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

I definitely wouldn't call Bennett bad but I do think that he greatly benefits from playing on such a talented team. I don't think he's really deserving of the Heisman or actual draft hype but he's a heck of a college QB and will definitely be a Georgia legend.

I can agree with all this. As far as college QBs go, you could do worse (for instance, Bo Nix).

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I read a study that said that 50-60% of Americans hate/are unsatisfied with their job. That feels shockingly low to me. I’d have said 70-85%.

That's probably influenced by who you interact with. I imagine a lot of programmers and execs and admin people are perfectly satisfied with their jobs or just view their job as a thing they do to make money.

Without seeing it, I'd bet that study is also influenced by selection bias in the sample group used. I'd be interested in seeing the breakdown of people surveyed in terms of race and income.

• Like 2