BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Cam Akers is finally looking like the guy they hoped he would be as lomg as he keeps it up and stays healthy

Minus the back-breaking fumbles. I benched Dobbins yesterday, so I guess I can always piece it together with Aaron Jones, Cam Akers, and JK Dobbins...but man.

Mike Evans and Tyreke are my 2 WR and Allen is my QB1.

But I don't expect Goff to keep it up as my QB2 (Lantz and Mac Jones both got hurt) and my depth at the WR spot is nonexistent thanks to D. Johnson dropping balls and having to play with Trub/now a rookie QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Minus the back-breaking fumbles. I benched Dobbins yesterday, so I guess I can always piece it together with Aaron Jones, Cam Akers, and JK Dobbins...but man.

Mike Evans and Tyreke are my 2 WR and Allen is my QB1.

But I don't expect Goff to keep it up as my QB2 (Lantz and Mac Jones both got hurt) and my depth at the WR spot is nonexistent thanks to D. Johnson dropping balls and having to play with Trub/now a rookie QB.

At 1st I was really excited about Johnson coming back, Now I really feel like Pittsburgh needs to move on from both Johnson and Claypool. There's no doubt I should have drafted Pickens, I don't think anybody's going to argue that, Although I do think that.son is going to be more impactful in a second year, though he does have some TD catches.  But right now IRL, Pat Friermith and George Pickens are the only 2 consistent guys.  Mind you they  Only recently really started to involve Pickens.

@RuskieTitan very unfortunate news for Lewis Cine, fractured leg, done for the season.

These are the type of injuries that could seriously cut a career short or be a major set back for a career. I hope the kid is able to fully recover get his leg strength back and play again next season.  He showed signs of being a star this season

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@RuskieTitan very unfortunate news for Lewis Cine, fractured leg, done for the season.

These are the type of injuries that could seriously cut a career short or be a major set back for a career. I hope the kid is able to fully recover get his leg strength back and play again next season.  He showed signs of being a star this season

Didn't Cine only play like 1 defensive snap prior to this week? I liked Cine coming out but he definitely hasn't shown much so far. Definitely sucks he got injured because the Vikings safety group isn't super strong and he certainly could've had more opportunities as the season went on.

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Didn't Cine only play like 1 defensive snap prior to this week? I liked Cine coming out but he definitely hasn't shown much so far. Definitely sucks he got injured because the Vikings safety group isn't super strong and he certainly could've had more opportunities as the season went on.

I guess im referring more to training camp. Im sure thats what im thinking off. Showed promise but hasnt been involved during the regular season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Harrison Smith wasn't going to lose his job, but I figured Cine had a chance to crack the starting lineup / play significant snaps by year end. Injury sucks, Farley had a leg injury during his rookie year as well and it's delayed his progression.

Also think it was 2 defensive snaps prior to this week, 34 snaps total.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Harrison Smith wasn't going to lose his job, but I figured Cine had a chance to crack the starting lineup / play significant snaps by year end. Injury sucks, Farley had a leg injury during his rookie year as well and it's delayed his progression.

Not anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think they drafted Cine to pair with Bynum after this season as Harrison gets real expensive or is a FA.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think they drafted Cine to pair with Bynum after this season as Harrison gets real expensive or is a FA.  

They resigned Smith recently. He’s there for at least next year and more likely a couple seasons. There’s some for lifer potential with him and Minnesota.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

They resigned Smith recently. He’s there for at least next year and more likely a couple seasons. There’s some for lifer potential with him and Minnesota.

Vikings have an out after this year and Harrison will cost over 19 mil against the cap at 34 years old.  Wouldnt be the first time a team moved on in that situation.