BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Bizarre to me that despite a great end to his rookie year (pre quad injury), he looked like the real deal. I figured the addition of Wilson would make for a nice outside/slot duo 1-2 punch with a lot of versatility, but the NYJ don't seem to want to do that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man, the mental gymnastics that can happen to try and justify their actions, all while thinking some of the league was born yesterday to not see it. 

Explain. I’ve voted against the teams that didn’t submit a gameplan every time. I said last week I didn’t think not having Trent Williams was a death sentence. That even if he played based on the plans and production I would still take Camden. Not sure what mental gymnastics are going on.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I will not tolerate such slander

This guy gets it

Truth is an absolute defense to slander.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This was written after a B gap TFL solo tackle in the Red Zone. I object.

Work in progress doesn't mean incapable of making a single play in that situation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blue said:

All of that they're still a below-average scoring offense and worse than Green Bay in YPG.

Not to mention the whole point of Kyle Shanahan's offense is that the running back position is completely replaceable.

But my main point is that Carolina saves practically nothing against the cap by trading him, and the assets they got in return do nothing to help them land a star rookie QB. The odds that those picks turn into players who are more effective/helpful than a healthy Christian McCaffrey are very, very low.

As a Panthers fan agreed. This isn't baseball where they have an entire farm system. This is what can you do for me immediately.

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Bizarre to me that despite a great end to his rookie year (pre quad injury), he looked like the real deal. I figured the addition of Wilson would make for a nice outside/slot duo 1-2 punch with a lot of versatility, but the NYJ don't seem to want to do that.

The Jets want to run the football 40 times a game, play defense and win.   With Z Wilson. Can't say it's the wrong call 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Daniel said he was back and is writing a plan so I assume (maybe wrongly so) he is good to go as owner?

If by good to go you mean will be a good owner, then hell no.

If by good to go you mean I will technically perform the duties of an owner, then yes.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Truth is an absolute defense to slander.

An opinion is not truth, sir

41 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Work in progress doesn't mean incapable of making a single play in that situation.

Regardless, as a WLB, he rarely is put in those positions

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

An opinion is not truth, sir

Regardless, as a WLB, he rarely is put in those positions

That's for the court to decide.

Oh, I definitely think you can set up a defense to make the most use of his abilities.  It's like me for Tremaine.  He is good against the run in general, and good covering a releasing RB or sitting in a middle zone and using his length to read the QB and block passing lanes.  But he should not be on a TE frequently in man coverage.  Just like Werner should not be meeting a pulling OG in the hole.

• Like 1