BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

I’d cheers whomever voted me for coach of the year, but clearly you’ve already had too much.  

I think your time is coming. It's hard to vote someone coach of the year that didn't get any wins. But that isn't a fair reflection of your efforts. I said this before and I'll say it again here, my votes also reflect as much. Your draft Class was excellent, the team you're building is going to be one to be reckoned with. I'm excited for Seouls future with you at the forefront.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hey man, I'm not attacking you and you know that I respect what you did based on what my ballot looks like. I'm just saying that most of us would have done pretty well with 5 picks in the top 9 and 6 picks in the top 15 last year.

I also think you know you wouldn't have gone anywhere this year without a backfield of Burrow and Taylor, neither of whom have anything to do with moves made this season.

I hear you. And your team doesn’t win the games it does without Mahomes already on the roster 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I hear you. And your team doesn’t win the games it does without Mahomes already on the roster 🤷🏼‍♂️

I mean we won 4 games with him on the roster, I don't know that you're saying much here

• Like 1

I will admit to being a double homer here but I don't get the people putting Garrett on their ballots but not Watt. I can understand having Garrett over what but not one on the ballot and not the other. Watt has better stats in less games played. He also firmly stands up to the eye test, he makes such a huge impact on the game.

This isn't to take away from Garrett, because he's certainly deserving of the award, I was just surprised by how many people had Garrett ranked but Watt not at all.

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I will admit to being a double homer here but I don't get the people putting Garrett on their ballots but not Watt. I can understand having Garrett over what but not one on the ballot and not the other. Watt has better stats in less games played. He also firmly stands up to the eye test, he makes such a huge impact on the game.

This isn't to take away from Garrett, because he's certainly deserving of the award, I was just surprised by how many people had Garrett ranked but Watt not at all.

Don’t focus on this my guy. Focus on the PM with me

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I took team success and how the BDL season played out into account. Watt's obviously had an incredible year IRL and should win DPOY, but Garrett was the star on a 9-3 IC team vs. a Lancaster team that fell apart and finished in the 10 seed. 

It's why Allen should've won the MVP over Rodgers. While Rodgers has obviously had a great year, Berlin limped into the playoffs vs. New Orleans dominating throughout the season. It the award included post-season, I'd understand it more, but as a regular season only award doesn't make that much sense. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I waffled back and forth on that one. I do think Garrett was more impactful for ICBR than Watt for Lancaster.