BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

14 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

They cancelled it after 1 season of it taking a long time and them never reversing anything they deemed a judgment call even if the judgment was wrong in 99% of people's opinions. Funny bc the CFL does it just fine. The ironic thing is that the year after it went away the Saints got hosed again on a big error.

The refs obviously hated it and refused to reverse any calls in protest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

The refs obviously hated it and refused to reverse any calls in protest.

The refs having their own union where you can't offend them is an issue that hurts the game. But it made sense to do it that way. Too many teams wasted challenges on calls that were 50-50, 70-30 and lost every time. CATCH A HINT! It was for obvious mistakes, not judgments that are away from the consensus. The coaches ultimately ruined it as they simultaneously wasted their timeouts.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 1

Also speaking of bad refs...I was watching the HBCU championship on Saturday and the officials were so bad. Missed calls everywhere. At one point, the ball is blown dead, play stops, and like a solid 2 seconds later a Jackson St players BLASTS NC Centrals QB in front of the ref. Nothing.

Then towards the end of the game, Shedeur Sanders spikes it to stop the clock and then just casually walks off the field for a break with is coaches....but no one called TO. So they let both teams just sort of convene..and the announcers were going nuts. They ended up charging NO ONE with a TO, at an incredibly crucial play at the end of the game.

Then a white dude dropped an absolute gimme of a game tying TD for Jackson St.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea there were a few BLATANT calls that should've been reversed and they refused to, I remember this.

There were a couple but at least one of those was still technically a judgment call and then if the ref that called it still thinks his initial judgment has any merit then it must stand. The way the NFL told the refs to officiate it was weird and they wanted indisputable evidence it was a wrong call.

Edited by LAOJoe

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also speaking of bad refs...I was watching the HBCU championship on Saturday and the officials were so bad. Missed calls everywhere. At one point, the ball is blown dead, play stops, and like a solid 2 seconds later a Jackson St players BLASTS NC Centrals QB in front of the ref. Nothing.

Then towards the end of the game, Shedeur Sanders spikes it to stop the clock and then just casually walks off the field for a break with is coaches....but no one called TO. So they let both teams just sort of convene..and the announcers were going nuts. They ended up charging NO ONE with a TO, at an incredibly crucial play at the end of the game.

At least it's not HS. Refs know they are in charge and hold so much power so they readjust the ball and chain and call TD when a guy is 1 yard short. If you argue, the ref tells you to be quiet or flagged and ejected.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

At least it's not HS. Refs know they are in charge and hold so much power so they readjust the ball and chain and call TD when a guy is 1 yard short. If you argue, the ref tells you to be quiet or flagged and ejected.

Right...but..this wasn't HS. It was a college title game.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Right...but..this wasn't HS. It was a college title game.

I know. I'm just piling on the refs everywhere. Apparently this week was so bad in the NFL they are really thinking about officiating. Shame as it was arguably the best all around week in years.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You were in Atlanta this weekend?

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 6.0

Team Pick
Berlin Blitzkrieg Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Seoul Dragons Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
Gotham Gashslayers Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
Raleigh Firebirds CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Anchorage Trappers (from Singapore) Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
Hungary Hippos Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Greenland Polar Bears Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
Raleigh Firebirds (from Lancaster) Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
Cuba Smugglers Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
Flint Tropics Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Gotham Gashslayers (from Death Valley) Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (from Camden) Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Cancun Kaiju Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Rome Eternals Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
Anchorage Trappers Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Team Pick
Berlin Blitzkrieg Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Seoul Dragons Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Gotham Gashslayers Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
Raleigh Firebirds Tuli Tuipulotu, INT, USC
Gotham Gashslayers (from Singapore) Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
Hungary Hippos Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
Greenland Polar Bears Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
Cuba Smugglers Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Gotham Gashslayers (from Flint) Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Lancaster Werewolves (from Death Valley) Brian Branch, S, Alabama
Anchorage Trappers (from Camden) O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
Cancun Kaiju Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
Rome Eternals Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Anchorage Trappers Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama

Yup on Bryce.  Like Gonzalez there.  I doubt I go Bijan that high with how Pacheco and Pollard have run.  And I'd 100% take Jaxon if he is there that late.

1 hour ago, LAOJoe said:

Spot on. Best HS story:

I was restricted to the bench out on the field (usually I was up in the box but not this game) because they had 12 men on offense. 5 wide with a RB. They did it 2 plays in a row so I made a scene out past the numbers and was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and restricted to the bench. The other referee was nice enough to offset it with 12 men penalty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Whicker said:

I made more picks in the last draft than you left me, including arguably the top guy in the entire draft. I’ve acquired multiple RL 1sts in the upcoming draft. I’ve traded away one player I regret in Josh Jacobs. This isn’t your team anymore and your vision doesn’t matter a single iota bit. You can take a god damn hike Pheltz 

Not one single iota? 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce