BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

How many years was it? 8 years that Marvin Lewis could not get this team beyond their first playoff matchup 

8?

He was there 16-17 years.
Never ONCE won a playoff game. He was the most overdue firing possibly in the history of the league. 

• Like 1

Rams-Bengals was my ideal super bowl matchup as well. Burrow and Stafford both very likeable for different reasons. The Rams were my preseason pick for the Super Bowl. Stafford has been one of my favorite QBs since he was drafted since that was the first year I actually followed the draft somewhat. He put in his time on some horrible Lions teams for over a decade. I want him to win it all finally.

• Like 3

Hilarious seeing Pat Mahomes talking about "against all odds we made it here this year. No one expected us to be here" is almost as funny as seeing Bryce Young saying no one believed in him coming out of HS yet somehow he was one of the highest ranked recruits in football history coming out of a football powerhouse going to another football powerhouse.

Motivation is cool.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hilarious seeing Pat Mahomes talking about "against all odds we made it here this year. No one expected us to be here" is almost as funny as seeing Bryce Young saying no one believed in him coming out of HS yet somehow he was one of the highest ranked recruits in football history coming out of a football powerhouse going to another football powerhouse.

Motivation is cool.

It """almost""" makes sense if you live around the KC area.   People were tearing this team apart most of the year.   I don't talk to many Chief fans,  they are toxic as  ****.         

Still dumb he actually said it though for sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Motivation is cool.

Bryce Young's Heisman speech was legit the most cringe thing I've ever heard on that particular stage.

Bro, you were the #2 overall prospect and #1 overall QB 5 star coming out of HS. You were a millionaire from NIL before you ever took a snap this year. But yes, thank you for paving the way for other non white Heisman QB's like Troy Smith, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, RGIII, Jameis Winston, Lamar Jackson, and Kyler Murray. I'm sure they send their thanks and support. Thank you for actively taking away from what they've done/did.

• Like 5

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people that Urban Meyer, the great talent evaluator and developer, is such a genius that he played J.T. Barrett over Joe Burrow.

*Side Note:

Burrow was winning the job the year after vs. Haskins under he broke his thumb in spring ball and Haskins got the nod instead.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind people that Urban Meyer, the great talent evaluator and developer, is such a genius that he played J.T. Barrett over Joe Burrow.

*Side Note:

Burrow was winning the job the year after vs. Haskins under he broke his thumb in spring ball and Haskins got the nod instead.

I mean, Haskins had a ridiculous year also.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedGold said:

It """almost""" makes sense if you live around the KC area.   People were tearing this team apart most of the year.   I don't talk to many Chief fans,  they are toxic as  ****.         

Still dumb he actually said it though for sure.

Tearing them apart in a sense like here in BDL, when one team is really good for a long time people get a mental fatigue, and it seems easier to bash them for little stuff. But in reality they lost the SB last year because of the OL, addressed that in a major way and I'd have to imagine that in most peoples minds were SB locks despite a semi slow start.

• Like 2