BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

If someone wants to blow an IRL or even BDL first on a "just fine" player, be my guest. There's far better value at the position to be had later in the draft than to risk that early pick. 

I'm always interested how BDL guys compare to IRL guys when it comes to value and depth in a certain class. There are literally 10 WR that I personally like this year as legitimate #1 or upper end #2 WR, and the DE and DT depth is also very deep.

Given the overemphasis on WR and outside skill guys, somebody is going to swoop in and steal some major value elsewhere, regardless of who does or doesn't pan out, including Burks.

JMHO

On 3/4/2022 at 9:46 PM, RTTRUTH said:

Kyren Williams > James Cook

I'm with Counselor, you need to leave

On 3/4/2022 at 10:01 PM, Jlash said:

I mean.....you were also in NY right around then too. Two years ago John Hightower was cooking Darius Slay in 1v1's in training camp.

I remember reading the same thing that training camp but about Quez Watkins which is why I picked him up in the shark tank lol worked out a little better than Hightower.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, MWil23 said:

What riverboat gambler here is talking themselves into Stingley?

I would be fine taking Stingley high if I was a real life team who had access to his medical records and they checked out. But as some rando who has no idea what his health is like, I'm probably staying away unless he falls super far. Based on the athletic traits and freshman tape, I'd take him high though.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, MD4L said:

Figured it was the case. I tend to not be picky about DL arm length.

Jermaine will understandably be squarely on our radar.

To me with stuff like arm length, it's all about if it shows up on tape. When you watch him, do you see instances where his short arms hurt him? If yes in college, NFL teams are going to eat it alive. If you don't really see it having an effect then I'm more forgiving.

On 3/5/2022 at 4:20 PM, Scoundrel said:

Pretty good for a whole 25 plays a game

That whole Georgia DL rotated a ton because it had so much talent. Three possible/likely first round picks this draft plus another next year with Jalen Carter. 

On 3/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, Scoundrel said:

One thing I will say is I don’t know where this rumor he is 26 is coming from? He is 22 I am 90% sure:

I remember when this came up early in the season on a draft discord I'm in. Basically I think it was some website that scrapes data from various sources accidentally got bad data and listed him at 26 but you're correct, he's 22.

17 hours ago, MD4L said:

Tariq Woolen added to the big board.

14 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Woolen 6’4 205 4.26 40 and a 42 inch Vert. That is one specimen of a corner.

His tape is so bad but if he gets in a good situation with guys who can coach him up, you could have good value on your hands.

13 hours ago, Jlash said:

The talent pool at the top end is crazy deep.

This draft has maybe a few great players (I personally have three that I would consider great prospects) and then just a ton of good to really good prospects. Lack of top end talent compared to some of the recent drafts but so deep at just about every position. Except center.

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing so many guys are running 4.2 and 4.3 40's. Their stop watches must not be getting turned on in time or something... like.. half these dudes don't even look that fast. 

12 hours ago, RedGold said:

I think it’s important to note.  Most these guys now are brought up in track and football backgrounds.   They have trained to time fast since early teenage years.  Much moreso than a lot of older generations.    Doesn’t mean they play that fast

I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about how for so many of these guys these days, as soon as the season is over they start combine training. So more often these guys are actually get coached up and perfecting the 40 yard dash skills like their stance and initial get off and stuff like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm always interested how BDL guys compare to IRL guys when it comes to value and depth in a certain class. There are literally 10 WR that I personally like this year as legitimate #1 or upper end #2 WR, and the DE and DT depth is also very deep.

Given the overemphasis on WR and outside skill guys, somebody is going to swoop in and steal some major value elsewhere, regardless of who does or doesn't pan out, including Burks.

JMHO

Oh the picks I’m about to make in the top 9 will push a lot of value down. But they are guys I want on my team so it is what it is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Oh the picks I’m about to make in the top 9 will push a lot of value down. But they are guys I want on my team so it is what it is.

Take out the Top 9 and I felt this in my bones 

• Like 2