BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

@MWil23  believe it or not the nose thing should come fairly simply.  I was actually born without a bone in my nose so they took bone from my rib and put it in there when i was in middle school.  I used to be able to completely squish my nose and have it bounce back before.  Was quite the party trick in elementary school..  Thoughts and prayers with your little one on a quick recovery for this go around

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@MWil23  believe it or not the nose thing should come fairly simply.  I was actually born without a bone in my nose so they took bone from my rib and put it in there when i was in middle school.  I used to be able to completely squish my nose and have it bounce back before.  Was quite the party trick in elementary school..  Thoughts and prayers with your little one on a quick recovery for this go around

Bonernose makes a lot more sense now

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Thanks buddy I appreciate that! They might take hers from her hip (no idea at this point) and that will definitely help. Thank you for your story and support!

If you would have told me I'd have a teenage daughter getting a full blown nose job, I'd have probably laughed and said "NO WAY", but in her situation, it's absolutely different.

They have to wait until she's completely grown because otherwise she will have a baby nose on a full adult face.

Here's my mock per @Ragnarok's request:

@rackcs you traded multiple 1sts for a bad quarterback. Not only are you going to suck this year, but you just gave Scoundrel a high draft pick.

The Office Boom GIF

@Scoundrel you live in California where the median housing price is $37 million

The Office Boom GIF

@Ragnarok I already mocked you but if you want I can find a way to waste your afternoon by you questioning my research based parenting hacks like teaching your infant sign language between 9 and 11 months

The Office Boom GIF

@RTTRUTH you are a Colts fan 

The Office Boom GIF

@RedGold you went in the tank only to hoard mid round draft picks

The Office Boom GIF

@Blue the English savant gets questioned on all English related BDL bylaws in this league

The Office Boom GIF

@PR I don't really know how to make fun of you but for my first 6+ months in this league I thought people were talking about Pickle Rick instead

The Office Boom GIF

@bcb1213 I have no idea who your BDL team in this league is

The Office Boom GIF

@Jlash was so stung by my memes that he decided to unload his quarterback to go all in on a guy I subtly bashed all year as his next quarterback

The Office Boom GIF

@EaglesPeteC I can't really roast you because I assume you already live in a world full of self loathing and misery as an Eagles fan

The Office Boom GIF

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@PR I don't really know how to make fun of you but for my first 6+ months in this league I thought people were talking about Pickle Rick instead

It's been like a year and half,  and I finally don't do this.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs I know it's been a long few years for you on the teaching front. How you holding up? What's next year look like for you in your "new job"?

Sorry to hear that stuff about your daughter but it sounds like you and her make the most of it. Hoping everything just continues to go well for you both going forward.

And it's my fourth year. I'm actually at the same school, I've just taken on additional responsibilities. Big mistake. I had my planning bought out so I'm getting paid more but it's tough not having any free period during the day at all. This year has just been terrible where I just feel like no matter what I try I can't get anything out of the students. The back half of the third quarter I basically just gave up and just started handing out worksheets every day. Which just made it worse because I didn't become a teacher to just hand out busy work.

This week has been a little better. I don't know if it's because we just started the 4th quarter or something but the kids have been more responsive to teaching and just in general more pleasant. We've been talking about video games and football and stuff so it's been good. If things keep like this for the rest of the year I'll be a lot more optimistic going into next year.

I did put in a transfer request for within my county so I'll probably be doing some interviews soon so I might finally switch schools next year. I work at an alternative school now with low numbers but high behavioral issues so it can get tiring. I'll still be teaching for at least another two years or so but I've started to think about potential options outside of education for the future. At this point it's kind of up in the air.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Sorry to hear that stuff about your daughter but it sounds like you and her make the most of it. Hoping everything just continues to go well for you both going forward.

Thanks man! I also married the world's best woman, so that's impossible to factor into this as well.

And it's my fourth year. I'm actually at the same school, I've just taken on additional responsibilities. Big mistake. I had my planning bought out so I'm getting paid more but it's tough not having any free period during the day at all.

Ooooh man I'm sorry! I did this last year where I gave up my plan for the extra pay and it almost forced me out of the profession and I almost left altogether. I made that same mistake.

This year has just been terrible where I just feel like no matter what I try I can't get anything out of the students. The back half of the third quarter I basically just gave up and just started handing out worksheets every day. Which just made it worse because I didn't become a teacher to just hand out busy work.

I'm sorry man, that's super frustrating! You also deal with a harder group than I do, but Covid made it tough and no doubt other circumstances do as well. However, if they refuse to participate, that's unfortunately about your only viable alternative.

This week has been a little better. I don't know if it's because we just started the 4th quarter or something but the kids have been more responsive to teaching and just in general more pleasant. We've been talking about video games and football and stuff so it's been good. If things keep like this for the rest of the year I'll be a lot more optimistic going into next year.

BEAUTIFUL!

I did put in a transfer request for within my county so I'll probably be doing some interviews soon so I might finally switch schools next year. I work at an alternative school now with low numbers but high behavioral issues so it can get tiring. I'll still be teaching for at least another two years or so but I've started to think about potential options outside of education for the future. At this point it's kind of up in the air.

I did an alternative setting for about 5 years, and those are super tough days, and there's not exactly a field manual for those days.

The options outside of education are vast, and I wish you the best in the meantime. Hang in there man, summer is CLOSE.