BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1.1 Cancun- Travon Walker Edge UGA

Extremely versatile defensive chess piece. Can play base 4-3 end, 3T on passing downs, stand up Edge. Mwil is right he has the most upside in the class and at worst is a great run defender and solid power rusher. Will need to develop more hand technique but he is a high character high effort guy and I’d bet the house on him being able to do so.

1.2 Anchorage- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon

Thibs or the T-Rex. Thibs is the better upside pass rusher in a pass heavy league. I like his pairing with the other edge players I have on my team. Work ethic questions are a joke (no need for me to smoke screen that anymore although I’m sure it was obvious). He has power and speed and a special get off. He doesn’t have the bend of some of the top edge rushers in the NFL but he has a great well rounded game Sign me up.

1.3 Gotham- Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati 

Great cover skills, tremendous length, and swagger for days. Kid doesn’t smoke or drink and is extremely focused on being the best player he can be. Needs to improve tackling form but the effort is there. High floor and high ceiling corner prospect that forms a high upside trio with Xavien and Tyson Campbell. 

1.4 Antarctica- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM

Hutch is a solid all around player who gives max effort on every down. He has short arms but has great agility and is a hand fighting technician. Needs to drop his pad level some with the shorter arms so he doesn’t invite contact to his chest. If he can do that he will be effective setting the edge. He fills a big need for Antarctica. 

1.5 Rome- Evan Neal OT Bama

Rome has Tyron and Ram but Tyron can’t seem to stay healthy. Neal could give them depth and eventual starter at LT although I view him as more of a RT prospect. Has some balance and second level issues that need ironed out but I think he does at the next level. 

1.6 Anchorage- Kyle Hamilton S ND

Now despite the 40 times I think Hamilton can still play responsibilities all over the field. I have two very expensive safeties and one is on a one year deal. Hamilton would give me a stud dimebacker and matchup defender this season and give me some flexibility on what to do at safety next year. He is still the best player in the class at just a less valuable position. 

1.7 Anchorage- Ikem Ekwonu OT NC State

Hopefully Ikem plays RT and can be my future fix there. I have only Terence Steele on contract at RT next year and would benefit from a player of Ickey’s caliber. Ickey still has some fine tuning to do with pass pro but he has a nasty demeanor that will open up the run game for Taylor and Dobbins.

1.8 Cuba- Derek Stingley Jr CB LSU

Cuba has had some corner problems in the past. Some issues were health so Stingley may not seem like the ideal fit but his upside is worth the gamble. Cuba added Keenan Allen and Maxx Crosby to fill needs and Stingley fills another one here. Corner depth is of great importance in this league. A trade down is very likely here as it’s been advertised for some time.

1.9 Anchorage- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

I take Ruskies favorite “bust” here. Burks didn’t test as well as many thought he would but I’ll go off the tape. He gives me a different kind of weapon to add to my WR corps and with four expiring contracts in my room next season I keep a trio of Chase, Smith, and Burks. I can use Burks in a variety of ways and be creative with this diverse group. 

1.10 Berlin- Garrett Wilson WR OSU

Berlin takes the Stefon Diggs clone here. An easy separator with great contested catch ability for his size and body control to match. Berlin will be looking to add to their group as Hollywood is on a one year deal, Toney needs to show more and Robinson while likely worth it especially with the way receivers are getting paid is on a big contract. 

1.11 Raleigh- Jermaine Johnson ll Edge FSU

Raleigh takes a great all around prospect at edge to pair with Hunter. He has a freaky ten yard split and an all around game with great length and a non stop motor. I would not be surprised when it’s all said and done if he challenges for the best edge rusher in this class. The only down sides I see are not having elite bend and his age (23).  

1.12 Seoul- Jordan Davis INT UGA

Freaky big man and Seoul loves huge DT’s. Needs to keep his weight in check and stamina in order. He would pair with Dexter Lawrence to make one giant wall in the middle of the Dragons defense. Has to prove he can be a third down player but his athleticism and run stopping ability make him worth the pick here.

1.13 Camden- Charles Cross OT Miss State

I don’t see Cross getting passed pick 7 in real life. Camden is a BPA team and this BPA just happens to meet a need. Wynn is on a one year RFA tag this year and this gives Camden flexibility in 2023. Cross could start this season for Camden however so I do not want to sell him short. Very good length and the best pure pass protector in the class. He is a left tackle with high upside who needs to continue to develop in the run game which I expect him to do. Again this is a passing league and he does what you want your tackle to be able to do first and foremost.

1.14 Camden- Jameson Williams WR Bama

With Camden having two first round picks I could see them going luxury BPA here. Jameson Williams has been getting a lot of hype lately as the number one player at the receiver position even with his injury. Camden is loaded at WR but BPA is the way of the land here and Williams gives Camden and Stafford an element which they don’t currently have on the roster. They have the big downfield and post up threat in Evans, the do it all route running and RAC savant in Kupp, the big physical and powerful AJ Brown and promising yet underperforming youngsters in Marshall and Hamler. However Jameson gives them elite speed to take the top off a defense or turn a screen into a 80 yard TD. A very dangerous passing offense gets even more dangerous once Williams is healthy. 

1.15 Seoul- George Karlaftis Edge Purdue 

RedGold feels good enough about his receivers and despite taking quite a few edge players last year they go for Karlaftis at this pick to continue to build their defensive line after the Davis pick. GK is a power rusher who may not have the length or bend of top rushers but he just gets the job done. Often doubled and even tripled GK put up the same pass rush percentage as Hutchinson did from outside the tackles. And GK didn’t have an Ojabo drawing attention away opposite him. Drake London would be in strong consideration here but the feeling is Seoul keeps building the defense in round 1. 

1.16 Berlin- Dax Hill DB UM

Berlin traded their nickel back in the offseason and so they get the ultra athletic and versatile Hill that can play that position but also give looks as a third safety. McDuffie is on the board and could be a great fit to replace a former UW corner with a new blood UW corner but the versatility of Hill to play as a Deep safety as well wins out here. 

2.1 Lancaster- Trevor Penning OT NIU

Lancaster traded for their uber talented young QB now they need to protect him. With an elite defense I don’t see this pick being anything other than offense in particular offensive line if a top talent is there. Penning is nasty and athletic and meets all the measurable thresholds. He didn’t face the top competition throughout his college career but he has a lot of potential to develop and can give Lancaster an immediate starter at RT.

2.2 Gotham- Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa

Linderbaum may be falling a bit due to length measurements but his movement skills and overall tape show one of the best center prospects to come out in a long time. With just LC at center since Laken is a guard Linderbaum gives Gotham a very good interior line and a great young center prospect to captain their line for years and grow with their young QBs. 

2.3 Antarctica- Kaiir Elam CB UF

A UF corner... Orca would love this pick. Fills a need as they only have Okudah under contract currently. Elam is big and physical with solid athleticism. He has NFL bloodlines and would be a starter for Antarctica based on their current depth chart. I feel he has gotten a bit underrated throughout the draft process and would be a good selection here for the beasts.

2.4 Cancun- Trent McDuffie CB UW

After getting Travon first overall Cancun continues to add to their defense here with McDuffie. McDuffie can play nickel or outside opposite of White even without the ideal length. He is a solid tackler and has great instincts. High floor corner who would really improve an already very good secondary. 

2.5 Rome- Drake London WR USC

London gives Rome a different type of receiver than they have on their roster. A contested catch bully with enough suddenness to separate and a passionate competitive player, London fills a role next to Waddle and Cooper that will allow Herbert to light up defenses. I feel London should go earlier than this but it’s just how the board fell. 

2.6 Cancun- Chris Olave WR OSU

Olave pairs with Moore and Sutton to give a dynamic starting trio for Mahomes. Olave has a high floor and great route running prowess. Olave can play the Z with Sutton at X and Moore in the slot. I think Olave ends up in one of the more favorable QB situations irl as well which will allow him to have an early impact in BDL.

2.7 Death Valley- Nakobe Dean LB UGA

Dean is a special player. He may not be the biggest and some say he isn’t as athletic as he shows on tape but he is instinctive and always in the right position. A top notch coverage linebacker to matchup with running backs out of the backfield and a skilled blitzer Dean was the heart and soul of the Georgia Championship Defense. I feel he has become underrated and his leadership ability, intelligence and fire he plays with are natural traits that will ensure Dean succeeds. Matches up with Zaven Collins to give DVN athletic and talented players to patrol the second level of their defense. 

2.8 Seoul- Lewis Cine S UGA

Ferocious hitter with the speed to play deep. Seoul has Dugger at SS and while Cine is a pit bull in the box he has the ability with increased coaching to be a formidable free safety. Cine is disciplined so much so you would wish that sometimes he would take more chances to make more plays. However having a dependable speedy last line of defense who won’t blow assignments is exactly the type of defender Seoul could use in their secondary. 

2.9 Hungary- Kenyon Green OL TAMU

Hungary added Andrus Peat so their guard situation isn’t as desperate however they could use  a versatile player who has experience playing multiple offensive line positions in the battle tested SEC. Green didn’t test great athletically and is starting to become overlooked. I expect Green to be a first round pick in the NFL draft and day one starter for a good team near the back half of the round. 

2.10 Death Valley- Christian Watson WR NDSU

Tall speedster who can profile as a number one if he reaches his peak. Needs to fix some concentration drop issues but he can flat out fly and also runs better routes than he is given credit for. 6’4 with quickness to break in and out of cuts with the second highest RAS for a receiver since 1987 (no agility tests though). Level of competition concerns will arise but Watson has the physical ability to be a dominant receiver and at pick 2.10 that presents good value. 

2.11 Ivory Coast- Andrew Booth CB Clemson

I did not want to mock a corner to IC with their first pick but BPA we go. Booth wasn’t able to workout in the off-season so his stock has dropped some. He however is an uber athlete on film and has a great feel for the ball. Scrappy and loves to mix it up against the run this is a player that will likely outplay this draft spot and makes an already strong corner group stronger. 

2.12 Seoul- Jahan Dotson WR PSU

Dotson reminds me a lot of Diontae Johnson but with better hands. He isn’t a big receiver but he can make contested catches and create plays after the catch. Seoul does need receiver help and he fits nicely with Rashod Bateman and could be a Tyler Lockett type of target for Russell Wilson.

2.13 Ivory Coast- Devin Lloyd LB Utah

Queen had an up and down year and Devin White is on the last year of his deal so IC goes BPA and brings in a player who reminds me of Darius Leonard. Lloyd can make plays in every facet of the game. He can be a day one impact player for the IC defense on the second level. 

2.14 Antarctica- Roger McCreary CB Auburn

More corner help for Antarctica as they double dip this round. McCreary doesn’t have great length but he has great tape and really held his own in man against top SEC competition. He paired with Elam and hopefully a turn around for Okudah and likely 3up of Lattimore and the Antarctica corner group is suddenly able to stand on two legs. Another edge would be an option here due to lack of players but I see FA being the method to add to Hutch there. 

2.15 Seoul- Kyler Gordon CB UW

Seoul adds to their corner room by bringing on the very quick and steady Gordon. Gordon was a top performer paired with McDuffie and Seoul adds him to a young and promising secondary. Another receiver could be an option here but Seoul goes with a player that I think transitions quickly to an NFL role and plays well early.

2.16 Berlin- Zion Johnson OG BC

Berlin added Nate Davis in RFA but adding Zion will further boost their interior line play. Zion is a great athlete for the position and has the arm length and great all around game to excel in both the passing and rushing game. A great building block to add to their other very good offensive lineman keeping the unit strong for a young QBOTF or perhaps the  goat...

3.1 Lancaster- George Pickens WR UGA

Lancaster gets a talented receiver to add to their corps of Pittman and Diontae. Pickens had a 2.2% drop percentage in college despite less than 9” hands. He had some injury concerns and can be a bit hot headed but he has the traits and potential to develop into a #1 WR if he can put it all together. Gives Trevor a nice trio at the position. 

3.2 Seoul- Skyy Moore WR WMU

Moore gives Seoul another smaller target at the position, however he has big strong hands and can play the slot with Bateman at X and Dotson at Z. They are going to need to continue to build that WR corps and just have to take BPA at the position at the spots they feel comfortable picking WR.

3.3 Cancun- DeVonte Wyatt INT UGA

Cancun goes back to the Georgia well to select a very athletic penetrator with ability to stop the run he would be an ideal 3T for Cancun to replace Larry O in a year and can play NT as well especially with the size of the ends in Cancun with Rousseau and now Walker. They need help on the interior and adding Wyatt to Walker, McDuffie, and Olave is a nice start for Cancun.

3.4 Antartica- Arnold Ebikiete Edge PSU

They doubled up at corner and now they double up at edge. AE is explosive with great bend and long arms. AE can play RE with Hutch at LE and the Antartica defense gets some much needed youth presence at positions of need with Hutch, Elam, McCreary and now AE. 

3.5 Rome- Nick Cross S Maryland 

Rome adds the big speedy safety to pair with Delpit in the back end up their defense. Cross is a riser and he brings great speed for a box type safety who can make plays on the ball. Some might prefer Brisker or others here but I think Cross is going to be a hot commodity in the BDL and NFL draft.

3.6 Lancaster- Breece Hall RB ISU

There aren’t really any LT’s worth these picks in round 3 for Lancaster for they continue to build their offense at other spots. They have Miles Sanders for one more year unless they 3up him. Hall gives a cost controlled likely NFL starter with upside to add to Sanders and AJ Dillon and give Lancaster more weapons for Lawrence in the passing game as Hall has value as a receiver out of the backfield as well.

3.7 Gotham- Tyler Smith OL Tulsa

Gotham adds more to the oline here with the versatile Smith. Not sure if Smith will play RT or inside at the next level but he will be a welcomed addition to the Gotham oline either way. Moton has yet to be resigned and Smith could fill that role for Gotham or provide depth inside and a future starter at Guard. Sauce, Linderbaum, and now Smith is a nice start to Whicker’s tenure as GM. 

3.8 Camden- Quay Walker LB UGA

Another UGA defender off the board as the talented Quay Walker brings great versatility to the Camden LBer corps. Just shy of 6’4 at 241 with a 4.52 40 Walker has the size and speed to thrive in coverage. His instincts are still developing but he has the potential to be a 3 down difference maker for the Hood Rats.

3.9 Hungary- Perrion Winfrey INT OU

Winfrey was the Senior Bowl MVP. Has very good athleticism and great length to play 3T. Would fit nicely next to Davon Hamilton. He needs to play with better pad level and his game needs refinement but all the physical traits are there to be a player. Might not be right away but could help in rotation early while he develops more since he did start out at JUCO.

3.10 Ivory Coast- Jaquan Brisker S PSU

One of the most solid players at any position in the draft Brisker is a jack of all trade master of none type safety who is a skilled tackler and can play high or low. These are the type of safeties that help to not lose games and the type you’ll find one several playoff caliber teams. Safety if a huge need for IC and adding Booth, Lloyd, and Brisker makes the IC defense even better than it already is which is a great defense.

3.11 Anchorage- Malik Willis QB Liberty 

Surprise. I have no QB behind Burrow and after making four top 4 picks and limited overall roster spots I can take the chance here. I do expect Malik to go ahead of this but I can’t pass on the potential here as cost protected insurance behind Burrow. 

3.12 Raleigh- Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati 

Pete keeps mocking himself a receiver so after going edge in round one and no second round pick he gets Pierce here. Pierce has good size and speed and is explosive. He isn’t a detailed route runner and fits more of a deep shot role which Raleigh could use.

3.13 Antarctica- Christian Harris LB Bama

The defensive build continues in Antarctica. Pairing Harris with Raquon is one of be most athletic linebacker corps in the league. Adding to Landry as a rush linebacker and the Antartica defense continues to grow into a complete defense.

3.14 Seoul- Kenneth Walker RB MSU

They have Javonte and Gibson but when you have this many picks you BPA and they add the explosive Walker to their RB corps and have a very intriguing young and explosive trio to rotate and keep the running game fresh to support Russ. 

3.15 Seoul- Rasheed Walker OT PSU

I wasn’t going to mock Walker this high but Seoul again with so many picks can just kind of pick and choose where they address certain positions. Walker gives them tackle depth as a swing as they hope Stanley can stay healthy.

3.16 Berlin- David Ojabo Edge UM

Another player that probably goes earlier than this but it’s hard to tell with players missing their rookie year. Allows Berlin to stash him and keep Z for this season and utilize Ojabo in the future as one of his edge rushers. 

• Like 3

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

I offered.

Just going to copy what I see from last year. Last question; Do I launch it earlier tomorrow just to build anticipation? Or last thing before bed tomorrow night?

I don’t think it matters cus blue and Mwil aren’t picking until Monday

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Okay. So I’ll just do it whenever turns out to be convenient tomorrow then. I’m excited. Although I’ll be waiting too long.

Basically when Cancun picks the draft will start but yeah do it when it’s best for you. It’s Easter Sunday after all 

• Like 1

@Blue @MWil23 please take forever to pick and help your BDL brother brethren find our trade partners. 

Sure I’m being self centered to those who plan to pick immediately but I know @EaglesPeteC would appreciate it too: take y’all’s  time. And be interested in non CB prospects for my sake.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@Blue @MWil23 please take forever to pick and help your BDL brother brethren find our trade partners. 

Sure I’m being self centered to those who plan to pick immediately but I know @EaglesPeteC would appreciate it too: take y’all’s  time. And be interested in non CB prospects for my sake.

If you haven’t already worked out some kind of deal with someone as much as y’all been advertising moving down it’s unlikely you’ll get a new offer. Never know though once you’re on the clock if someone slides someone wants, but that has nothing to do with waiting that just happens when you’re on the clock.

• Like 1