The Good, the Bad, the one win closer to PLAYOFFS vs. Colts (Post-Game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ugly: Littleton, zero snaps yesterday. Phased out completely. $15.8 cap hit next season. And 14 million in dead cap if he's cut. But please, tell me more about Mayock deserving to keep the GM job.

Wasn’t he one of the Reggie signings in his last season? These all blend together with me. 

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

Agreed. And the game winning drive. Boo to those who are putting 100% credit to the defense. Defense put us in a spot to win and Carr delivered when it mattered. Can't just slide the latter under the rug because you want to. 

Exactly.  I'm excited about the defense playing above average like everyone else.  If they were playing great, the score would have been more like 20-6.  

The offense played above average too and made it's mistakes. However, the defense gave up two easy TDs in the middle of the game that should've never happened and neither can be pinned on the offense. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ugly: Littleton, zero snaps yesterday. Phased out completely. $15.8 cap hit next season. And 14 million in dead cap if he's cut. But please, tell me more about Mayock deserving to keep the GM job.

I'm mostly mad that we kept pushing money around with him, so now we're on the hook with that disgusting dead cap. Whatever man, play him on ST I guess. Likely just have to eat that one for another season. Woof.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Good on punt coverage

Special teams war daddy?? 😁

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

The real question is; how are we 9-7 in a tough division and schedule? 
according to this forum, our qb is meh, our oline sucks, our Wrs are bottom tier, our te is out, and our D has been average/ above average as a hole. 
our special teams doesn’t seem anything special. 

that doesn’t sound like a playoff team to me? 

Our special teams has been money.

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our special teams has been money.

Im not too sure how a team without a return TD is money. And weve given up a return TD. 
So weve given up more TDs than weve scored on ST.
We kicked it OB at the end of the half yesterday.
Renfrow made an amazing play on what wouldve been a wide open ST fake, and weve given up others. 

Carlson has been money. But is that because of Carlson or Rich?
All in, I just see it as solid all around, not money. 
FG Kicking unit, and Cole have been money

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Im not too sure how a team without a return TD is money. And weve given up a return TD. 
So weve given up more TDs than weve scored on ST.
We kicked it OB at the end of the half yesterday.
Renfrow made an amazing play on what wouldve been a wide open ST fake, and weve given up others. 

Carlson has been money. But is that because of Carlson or Rich?
All in, I just see it as solid all around, not money. 
FG Kicking unit, and Cole have been money

Daniel Carlson and AJ Cole are arguably the best kicker/punter duo in the NFL and IIRC we've only allowed one TD on special teams all season.

Cole leads the league in average punt yardage and Carlson leads the league in FG, hitting 35/38 on the year.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1