The Good, the Bad, the one win closer to PLAYOFFS vs. Colts (Post-Game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Gotta give up to Zay I was crushing him early in the season. Wonder if the staff thinks he’s the WR2 going forward 

I don't think Zay or Edwards should be a starting WR going into 2022. That's just too much gambling. With Ruggs gone and Edwards inconsistencies (he was a 3rd round pick for a reason) we are right back at the drawing board for both outside WR spots. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I think this game against the Chargers we just need to be ourselves. The first game they saw how bad the Run D was and tried to force the run game. We need to not look at any of the Charger stats and just be ourselves and do our thing. 

Pa deep ball to djack first play

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

8-10 111yards TD in the 4th. DC was money when we needed him most

Agreed. And the game winning drive. Boo to those who are putting 100% credit to the defense. Defense put us in a spot to win and Carr delivered when it mattered. Can't just slide the latter under the rug because you want to. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Agreed. And the game winning drive. Boo to those who are putting 100% credit to the defense. Defense put us in a spot to win and Carr delivered when it mattered. Can't just slide the latter under the rug because you want to. 

But two passes being intercepted are what matters most to some. Why? I dunno....... actually I do know why

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think Zay or Edwards should be a starting WR going into 2022. That's just too much gambling. With Ruggs gone and Edwards inconsistencies (he was a 3rd round pick for a reason) we are right back at the drawing board for both outside WR spots. 

I want to see what he does next week and possibly the postseason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Gotta give up to Zay I was crushing him early in the season. Wonder if the staff thinks he’s the WR2 going forward 

Zay is being used perfectly the past 3 weeks as an intermediate possession receiver with some YAC ability. We should definitely bring him back on the cheap for that role. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Zay is being used perfectly the past 3 weeks as an intermediate possession receiver with some YAC ability. We should definitely bring him back on the cheap for that role. 

Given that at least one rookie WR will be on the roster in 2022, he's a good depth guy to have around. 

He had his weird incident a few years back, but has otherwise been model in terms of work ethic and staying out of trouble. Sort of guy I'd keep around to mentor a young guy for sure. The fact he can add a little as depth with starting experience just adds to that.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

But two passes being intercepted are what matters most to some. Why? I dunno....... actually I do know why

Spot on. Not to say Carr didn't make some mistakes or didn't do enough during the game. However, I saw a comments earlier that said this win was only on the defense. Our defense didn't put 23 points on the board, or engineer the game winning drive. They were the majority reason why we won't today, but Carr was a big part of it too. He overcame his mistakes, put them behind him and came through in the 4th quarter and played clutch. We're not going to the playoffs unless Carr has some of those moments each game, no matter how good our defense is. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given that at least one rookie WR will be on the roster in 2022, he's a good depth guy to have around. 

He had his weird incident a few years back, but has otherwise been model in terms of work ethic and staying out of trouble. Sort of guy I'd keep around to mentor a young guy for sure. The fact he can add a little as depth with starting experience just adds to that.

I'm happy to have Jackson/Edwards/Zay back as long as we add a nice, legit player to the room, either in draft/FA.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm happy to have Jackson/Edwards/Zay back as long as we add a nice, legit player to the room, either in draft/FA.

Jackson is iffy for me. Nothing against him, I just don't see much value in him at his age. 

I'd keep him around for camp and the preseason, but I think I'd have him on the bubble. No hate, just hard to justify a spot for someone clearly near the end of his career when he's part of arguably our weakest overall units