The Good, the Bad, the one win closer to PLAYOFFS vs. Colts (Post-Game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Spot on. Not to say Carr didn't make some mistakes or didn't do enough during the game. However, I saw a comments earlier that said this win was only on the defense. Our defense didn't put 23 points on the board, or engineer the game winning drive. They were the majority reason why we won't today, but Carr was a big part of it too. He overcame his mistakes, put them behind him and came through in the 4th quarter and played clutch. We're not going to the playoffs unless Carr has some of those moments each game, no matter how good our defense is. 

Yep! People can dwell on the mistakes that were made or put it behind them and move forward to put us in the best position to win and that's what Carr did today. Just not sure why people would say they're a fan of this team then say the stuff they do but that's on them to figure out bc I won't waste my time. 

Hope we can get Waller back next week and pull off a win against the Chargers to get us in the playoffs. We will need him. Our offense was looking lethal at the beginning of the season then the Ruggs **** hindered it a bit but losing Waller has hurt it even worse. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Spot on. Not to say Carr didn't make some mistakes or didn't do enough during the game. However, I saw a comments earlier that said this win was only on the defense. Our defense didn't put 23 points on the board, or engineer the game winning drive. They were the majority reason why we won't today, but Carr was a big part of it too. He overcame his mistakes, put them behind him and came through in the 4th quarter and played clutch. We're not going to the playoffs unless Carr has some of those moments each game, no matter how good our defense is. 

Agreed. I've been very vocal about how the Raiders haven't scored more than 20 points in a month and I've only scored that much once in two months. But when they score more than 20 and actually help the defense out, we give credit when it's due. Many times have we seen the Defense actually stop the other team only to watch the offense only score like 13 or 15 points. Today was about a complementary football

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jackson is iffy for me. Nothing against him, I just don't see much value in him at his age. 

I'd keep him around for camp and the preseason, but I think I'd have him on the bubble. No hate, just hard to justify a spot for someone clearly near the end of his career when he's part of arguably our weakest overall units

He's still a very nice 4/5 when he knows the playbook. He just totally doesn't and has no chemistry with Carr. He's the kind of guy you want in your back pocket and can make a big play here or there that helps in the postseason/situationally. He would look way better if he had an offseason here IMO. I want vets like him around.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's still a very nice 4/5 when he knows the playbook. He just totally doesn't and has no chemistry with Carr. He's the kind of guy you want in your back pocket and can make a big play here or there that helps in the postseason/situationally. He would look way better if he had an offseason here IMO. I want vets like him around.

Depending on Jackson to stay healthy is like depending on Richie or Mariota to stay healthy. Good thought in theory but you have to be realistic. 

The Good

Hunter Renfrow - Another superb outing from the guy who just keeps delivering. Our most consistent player. Some of his routes were just sublime, I couldn't cover him in a phone box.

Coaching - Playcalling I thought was good, no big time management mistakes and the 4th down TD call was gutsy. Credit where credit is due. They beat a good team in a big game in the road.

OLine - Sans Leatherwood they were pretty good throughout I thought. Much improved, now just need to stop those infuriating penalties that are drive killers.

Zay Jones - Came up big when we needed him and as others have said his usage in the intermediate areas worked well.

Run Defence - We didn't dominate here but we definitely did enough and kept them in check.

Derek Carr - Some poor interceptions but when the game was on the line he came to play. The TD to Renfrow and the nearly TD to Renfrow were things of beauty.

The Bad

Derek Carr's interceptions - both were good plays by the D but they shifted momentum.

Leatherwood - Struggling to see the improvement we had hoped to be honest.

NFLs Covid procedures, just a mockery.

Some of the overreacting in the game day thread 😁

The Ugly

How is it when we underthrow a deep ball it's a simple interception but when they do it two of our defenders collide, the ball pops up in the air and they catch it for a TD 😬

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Good

Hunter Renfrow - Another superb outing from the guy who just keeps delivering. Our most consistent player. Some of his routes were just sublime, I couldn't cover him in a phone box.

Coaching - Playcalling I thought was good, no big time management mistakes and the 4th down TD call was gutsy. Credit where credit is due. They beat a good team in a big game in the road.

OLine - Sans Leatherwood they were pretty good throughout I thought. Much improved, now just need to stop those infuriating penalties that are drive killers.

Zay Jones - Came up big when we needed him and as others have said his usage in the intermediate areas worked well.

Run Defence - We didn't dominate here but we definitely did enough and kept them in check.

Derek Carr - Some poor interceptions but when the game was on the line he came to play. The TD to Renfrow and the nearly TD to Renfrow were things of beauty.

The Bad

Derek Carr's interceptions - both were good plays by the D but they shifted momentum.

The Ugly

How is it when we underthrow a deep ball it's a simple interception but when they do it two of our defenders collide, the ball pops up in the air and they catch it for a TD 😬

Good post, spot on for me, some people should ban themselves from posting on game day😉

Waller will influence what we do at wr as well. if he's here then the need for two wrs lessens a little. but id love to see us add a Gallup or better then draft young wr. 

been little upset that Edwards hasn't taken step forward by this point. really liked him coming from college. 

37 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Waller will influence what we do at wr as well. if he's here then the need for two wrs lessens a little. but id love to see us add a Gallup or better then draft young wr. 

been little upset that Edwards hasn't taken step forward by this point. really liked him coming from college. 

Gallup and Clark coming off of serious injuries both scare me personally. Adams is likely getting franchise tagged so don't think that he's a realistic option for us. If Waller is back I'd go after MSV or Lazard on a 1 year deal and then target Jahan Dotson in the 2nd round, maybe bring Djax back.

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

He did well in the running game against a top DT but the mistakes have to stop