Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

and the record to Kupp for receptions and yards. 

Did people not realize this would happen to every stat?
1000 yards was relevant in a 12 game season. . . Im not sure why we use it as a milestone these days. 59 yards a game

Agree

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

and the record to Kupp for receptions and yards. 

Did people not realize this would happen to every stat?
1000 yards was relevant in a 12 game season. . . Im not sure why we use it as a milestone these days. 59 yards a game

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree

Renfrow did it in 16 games though. And there are only 18 WR's currently above 1,000 yards, there was 16 last year. The Raiders have had 4 WR do it in like 2 decades, lol.

Kupp has been absolutely insane this season, regardless of the number of games he has produced at an all-time great level.

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That says more about them than us.

Exactly…

With the talent the Chargers have they underperformed this season. Also for being a so called defensive wizard Staley doesn't get enough attention on why his defense sucks despite having that much talent on defense. But hey he’s awesome at press conferences 

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That says more about them than us.

I think it says a lot about the heart and fight of both teams. They're clearly more talented then we are but they've folded against bad teams. We've had our fair share of bad losses but if someone told us that we'd be going into week 18 on SNF with a chance to make the playoffs, without Gruden/Ruggs, Waller being out for most of the season and all of the other drama that we've dealt with, I don't think anyone would've believed them.

• Like 2

i also believe our best chance to win is running the ball. we need long time killing drives with occasional play action passes. The longer we can keep herb and co. on the sidelines watching the better. For the record i’m a Carr fan but if those rpos are working for mariota then keep him out there until they don’t (just hold onto the ball).I used to dislike richard but i’ve actually been wanting to see him get more action imo he’s a lot faster than jacobs or barber 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it says a lot about the heart and fight of both teams. They're clearly more talented then we are but they've folded against bad teams. We've had our fair share of bad losses but if someone told us that we'd be going into week 18 on SNF with a chance to make the playoffs, without Gruden/Ruggs, Waller being out for most of the season and all of the other drama that we've dealt with, I don't think anyone would've believed them.

True but I really hope we don’t keep Bisaccia or cable. Can’t wait until we have a real offensive mind at the helm of this team.  I’m actually firmly in the pro Pederson camp if we can’t get harbaugh.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

True but I really hope we don’t keep Bisaccia or cable. Can’t wait until we have a real offensive mind at the helm of this team.  I’m actually firmly in the pro Pederson camp if we can’t get harbaugh.

Yeah I want an offensive guy, Byron Leftwich is really impressive to me. Did great with both Winston and TB, his time in Arizona can't really blame him much for took over a terrible team midseason. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we're going to hire a retread head coach I'd prefer Doug Pederson as well. The 3 retread head coaches having the most success right now are Andy Reid, Mike McCarthy, and Bruce Arians. All guys who had taken their previous team to a Super Bowl, McCarthy being the only one to win one. 

• Like 1