2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

36 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

We could go so many different ways. I’m intrigued to see whether Poles prioritizes IOL or if he goes tackle and looks to push one of Jenkins/Borom inside. Or if he sees Whitehair as a C or G in 2022 (assuming he’s not a post-6/1 cut). So many variables there for what transpires on the OL. As for WR I think how high tier our top FA WR is will dictate a lot about whether we go WR in R2 or 3 (or neither, though I don’t see that as likely at all).

We still don’t know the full FA picture yet either, since all 32 teams will trim their rosters before FA starts and some again after FA starts and even further after the draft.

Fortunately, I think WR and OL are both incredibly deep positions this year.

I do agree that trading down in R2 and/or R3 and gathering a bunch of picks in R3-5 would be optimal. 

I just hope whatever we do upfront we value OT traits over interior guys...getting taller and longer & more athletic linemen is going to be a really big deal for this offence...we need guys who are better in pass pro than anything else because the zone run blocking scheme will not ask them to be maulers in the run game...I hope we move Whitehair to C then surround him with OT types.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just hope whatever we do upfront we value OT traits over interior guys...getting taller and longer & more athletic linemen is going to be a really big deal for this offence...we need guys who are better in pass pro than anything else because the zone run blocking scheme will not ask them to be maulers in the run game...I hope we move Whitehair to C then surround him with OT types.

I agree except Whitehair isn’t that great at center.  He isn’t a natural snapper.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I agree except Whitehair isn’t that great at center.  He isn’t a natural snapper.  

He isn't great anywhere while being paid like he is, and that is the issue. To me he is the stopgap. Get the 4 best players you can and plug him in wherever they aren't best. Then replace him next year. 

I'd love to get a college OT in round 5 or later and really force him to learn the spot so he can compete next year. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

What the actual...🤯

He cheated.  He has gravity pulling him forward instead of down.  

I dislike that my best was 4.71 seconds.  *hand timed* while being about 220lbs. So at 120 lbs more he probably was just as fast as me at my peak. 

So due to my fragile ego, he cheated. Lol

• Like 1

We 100% need more picks in this draft...I would happily trade out of the 2nd round all together if it mean being able to take 2 or 3 more swings at these guys...IMO a GMs first draft is a free hit because he hasn't had the time to put all his own guys and grading systems in place...take a chance on the athletes out there especially if we can address some core needs in FA.