2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Giants may need a QB now.  They declined Jones 5th year.  

That helps Bears.  

But do they like any of these Prospects?

Or are they looking toward next year already? And if Jones suddenly puts it together, they can just Franchise him until they work out a deal. I don’t think the 5th year and Franchise Tag is a prohibitive difference for one season

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

But do they like any of these Prospects?

Or are they looking toward next year already? And if Jones suddenly puts it together, they can just Franchise him until they work out a deal. I don’t think the 5th year and Franchise Tag is a prohibitive difference for one season

Hence 'may'.   But not picking up option signals they are moving on after this year unless something wild happens.

They won't have two early first rounders next year or it is not likely.  Makes sense to try to get QB this year if you like one.

You want the 5th year on a QB, especially if you are going to sit him a year.

55 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me it would have to be a player for player deal short of something absurd draft-wise. Something similar in terms of age/contract status. I’d trade him straight up for DK. I’d give it some real thought for Terry McLaurin too. 

Doubt it happens for him though - he’s Flus’ new Darius Leonard. 

It won't. I would move him for a young superstar WR or a very high 1st round pick.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

And I think that is a complete fallacy that you are worried about by yourself, that you keep throwing out there with no actual proof of this thesis other than you saying "find me teams who have done it" How about you find me a team who was in our situation, took the "tanking route" as you are assuming it is and never made it back? THe Lions and Jags dont count because they were never where we were. 

8 Wins does absolutely nothing for this franchise. And I dont think this team is winning 8 games even WITH Robert Quinn. No one single player is worth more than a single win or two at most, unless its a QB. And thats when it is caused by an in season injury, an unexpected circumstance. If we were to move him, we would back fill much easier than we would be able to during the season if he got hurt.

Lets say he does have a great start to the year, Ill give him 5 sacks through 6 games and a ton of pressures. But we are sitting at 1-4, But a contender comes calling because they lost a pass rusher to injury? Is a 3rd appealing then? What about a 2nd? 

Or what if we are through week 8, and he only has 3 sacks because he missed 2.5 games due to an ankle? What do you think the offers will look like then, just before the deadline? Probably looking more like that Cooper return. But if thats what he is putting up, and missing games, we sure arent keeping him in '23, so what do you do then?

Like do you have a plan in mind here? Of are you just sticking with "its nice to have veterans around"

Houston...who were better than us...

Should add the rest of your post is nothing more than ifs and buts...

What if we trade Quinn for a 3rd and that guy becomes a superstar? What if he is a bust...what if he doesn't even make the team? Lots of ifs and buts that add up to nothing...

Give me the guy I know can produce at a position I know I need to produce and if it's only for 1 year at the expense of a 3rd round pick? So be it.

Edited by Madmike90

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Because to get to that you know you can trust in your core and your schemes.

We have been in this win range for the last several years and what has it gotten us? Seriously, what? And here we are and you suggest that we stay in mediocrity hell to "trust our core"? Well, I'll tell you what. I don't trust our core and by the looks of the roster neither does this FO or coaching staff. Again, what you are saying just doesn't seem to have any type of logical basis.

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

We have been in this win range for the last several years and what has it gotten us? Seriously, what? And here we are and you suggest that we stay in mediocrity hell to "trust our core"? Well, I'll tell you what. I don't trust our core and by the looks of the roster neither does this FO or coaching staff. Again, what you are saying just doesn't seem to have any type of logical basis.

The NFL is not a league where you have to go backwards to go forward.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Give me the guy I know can produce at a position I know I need to produce and if it's only for 1 year at the expense of a 3rd round pick? So be it.

Quinn had 18 sacks last season on a better team and we still only won 6 games and the chances of him even coming close to those numbers this year is near zero %.  What good does it do to keep him when the team needs young talent? Especially during a year when we don't have much draft capital as it is.

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Should add the rest of your post is nothing more than ifs and buts...

Everything you’re espousing about Robert Quinn are ifs and buts as well. You’re acting like we have a guaranteed quantity in him, when he has been everything but that for his entire career

When we are in a obvious rebuild, I would much rather take the chances on the draft pick than maybe one full year of an aging player that we may have absolutely nothing to show for in the future

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Quinn had 18 sacks last season on a better team and we still only won 6 games and the chances of him even coming close to those numbers this year is near zero %.  What good does it do to keep him when the team needs young talent? Especially during a year when we don't have much draft capital as it is.

Was it a better team? Tough to say that before we even see what we are going to be next year.

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

@Madmike90 I tend to like that you are positive about the team as it gives the forum some needed balance. I really do but I just think on this point you are way off. Respectfully that is my opinion. Of course you are entitled to yours.

Completely agree man...and neither of our or anyone's opinions will change...and that's okay 👍 

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Everything you’re espousing about Robert Quinn are ifs and buts as well. You’re acting like we have a guaranteed quantity in him, when he has been everything but that for his entire career

When we are in a obvious rebuild, I would much rather take the chances on the draft pick than maybe one full year of an aging player that we may have absolutely nothing to show for in the future

We have more to backup an opinion on Quinn than we do on any 3rd round pick.