2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If the sky looks blue then it's blue. I don't need to wait to see.

I have a feeling a 2nd year Fields and a far better offensive scheme might be better than the putrid nonsense we saw last year from Nagy...

I also think this D could be better...we didn't ever really have Mack or Hicks last season & Nichols was a disappointment if anything...other than that with a few draft picks and maybe a vet CB I could see us being better...

Might be pie in the sky sure...but also wouldn't take much for us to be better.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Houston...who were better than us...

When did the Texans purposely take a step back? Because the team with 5 winning seasons in the past 8 years isn’t that team. It was Front Office Bob who takes the franchise along with his career.

And I’m not one to pretend to know our players personal lives, but as long as Fields doesn’t threaten to never play for the Franchise again, and then be found out to be the leagues biggest creeps, I think we’re safe from the Texans situation 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Yet if they did trade Quinn for a 3rd and drafted Drake Jackson, you'd spend the next week talking about how he's the steal of the draft I'm sure

No not at all...but God forbid someone wants a guy to work out for the team they support around here...maybe we should just hit every move with a heavy dose of sarcasm and move on eh?

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

When did the Texans purposely take a step back? Because the team with 5 winning seasons in the past 8 years isn’t that team. It was Front Office Bob who takes the franchise along with his career.

And I’m not one to pretend to know our players personal lives, but as long as Fields doesn’t threaten to never play for the Franchise again, and then be found out to be the leagues biggest creeps, I think we’re safe from the Texans situation 

Even with Watson they were going backwards after trading away Hopkins and losing free agents only to replace them with rubbish...they are a clear cautionary tale wither you want to see it or not...

No one's opinion is going to change on this one and as I said before that is fine...we all have different view points but at least we can all agree we just want the best for this team.

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I imagine a front office acts the same way in meetings as we do on this board.....dozens of different opinions and points of views and very rarely do we ever agree since no one is willing to budge from their stance 😆

I would hope it’s like that so that Poles can get as many viewpoints before making a move.  But it also wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a bunch of “yes men” in the front offices.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Even with Watson they were going backwards after trading away Hopkins and losing free agents only to replace them with rubbish...they are a clear cautionary tale wither you want to see it or not...

No one's opinion is going to change on this one and as I said before that is fine...we all have different view points but at least we can all agree we just want the best for this team.

But that really wasn't them tanking or rebuilding. That was really, really, generationally bad GMing by BoB. He traded away and let go of great talent for pennies on the dollar because of personal differences. They were a pretty decent team when that started. We were 6-11 with bad contracts, no cap space, and very limited picks. This is not a good comparison. That was not a plan, that was idiocracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If the sky looks blue then it's blue. I don't need to wait to see.

The sky isn’t actually blue though… 

https://science.discoveryplace.org/blog/ever-wonder-why-some-animals-see-a-purple-sky

(not meant as a shot at your point - just always found this interesting and your post gave the opportunity to share)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I imagine a front office acts the same way in meetings as we do on this board.....dozens of different opinions and points of views and very rarely do we ever agree since no one is willing to budge from their stance 😆

I think so too. Except at the end of the exhaustive debate Webby would get to tell everyone to shut up and then just do what he wants. 

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The sky isn’t actually blue though… 

https://science.discoveryplace.org/blog/ever-wonder-why-some-animals-see-a-purple-sky

(not meant as a shot at your point - just always found this interesting and your post gave the opportunity to share)

This reminded me of the blue or gold dress debate a few years back. Thanks a lot Az.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Except you do that with everyone that they sign, draft or trade for

I really don't...I just agree with what Poles has done so far...if you remember back to last season I was all over Nagy from pretty early on for not getting it right...I am just not going crap all over things when I actually agree with what he is doing...let's see what happens if he drafts Logan Hall over Perrion Winfrey.