Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Just now, Striker said:

Well, he may have had ESB breaking wide open on the yolo ball to Adams on what might be his last pass as a Packer.

And evidently Deguara was wide open in the middle when he tried to force it to Cobb before that.

The All 22 will be...interesting.

Yeah, that was one I was genuinely rising from my seat on because the 9ers pressured and they actually protected well.

Obviously that was a prayer ball, but it's 3rd and 11 I didn't hate the shot in a vacuum.  Of course it didn't work out so it stings a bit

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Trade Rodgers to the Jets for their 2-1st round picks and Zach Wilson and maybe another pick. Between him and Love one will turn out to be a franchise QB. 

saleh has seen that show.   he might not want that 

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Well, he may have had ESB breaking wide open on the yolo ball to Adams on what might be his last pass as a Packer.

And evidently Deguara was wide open in the middle when he tried to force it to Cobb before that.

The All 22 will be...interesting.

This reminds me of Favre's last pass as a Packer. Everybody was wide open but Driver, who he missed inside, and the ball was picked. 

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Rodgers isnt going to play elsewhere. The packers went all in and hes happy with mgmt. He doesnt have the stamina for a revenge season.

We have no chance at a SB next season with or without him. Campbell and Douglas are going to get paid, Adams is going to get paid, Tonyan could go, Z could go, MVS could go, etc. This was easily our best shot and we blew it the first chance we could. Trade Rodgers, Bak, try to sign and trade Adams, and move on.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

the offense was geared around these guys by design.  Because the other guys are effing bums!  MVS is a role player on a good team and he was out.  Lazard is a ST guy on a good offense.

He missed the throw to Adams against Norman.  Short armed it. To me, that was the biggest knock on Rodgers.

Otherwise you have to credit the defense for making plays and generating pressure and covering up the other bums.  They were in his face all game, and often got home.  They forced a fumble in the RZ GB was lucky to recover (and then they didn't get points from the fg block)

The one time he did escape the rush, he hits Deguara in the numbers and he drops it.  Nobody else is creating ANY throws in the time alloted to him by the defense/offensive line matchup.

Just a credit to SF this was a game that played right into their playstyle.  Rodgers just executed the game plan, and the 9ers were well prepared.  This is how the game was "supposed" to go because this is what the coaching staff and Rodgers determined was the best strategy.  And I think they were right to approach it this way!

Rodgers issue going back to Day 1 is that he only throws to guys he trusts.  He doesn't trust Lazard to make the plays.  He doesn't throw it MVS consistently.  He fixates on Adams, and as soon as teams start rolling double coverage to him the offense breaks down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Ok, I liked two of your posts but you can go now. We have enough 'King Hindsights' around here. Special teams and ANOTHER sub par performance by Rodgers doomed us today. 

Friend, most of your fellow posters are acknowledging that WR2 is your biggest weakness on offense. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, just making the observation that your 2020 first round could have been a contributor on this team. Don't take it personally, it's not.

Not surprised by this loss....in fact I GUARANTEED IT to my brother earlier today.  Told him I was so confident they would lose that I would buy him a case of beer if they won....and if they lost he owed me NOTHING.

I've seen this over and over and over again.  Choke, choke, choke.

Yeah...the special teams sucked....BIG TIME....but then again, they have sucked ALL YEAR LONG.  

But the play of the offense...my god, they sucked BIG TIME.  This was another subpar playoff performance by Aaron Rodgers.  Jimmy G. was almost as good as he was and thats not saying much.

For me, I'm ready for a change.  I've been through the 70's and the 80's.  Hell I was around for some of the 50's and that was REALLY BAD.  We were the laughing stock of the league.  But I'll happily take some 4-13 years and rebuild this team into something better in the playoffs.  But please don't trot this team out again and say we can win it all.  BULL.  I don't believe it.

Right now I'd say tear it apart.  Trade Aaron Rodgers and get what you can.  And for god sake, get a good special teams coach.

• Like 1

I wish we do trade Rodgers at this point. Next year when we win 4 or 5 games with Jordan Love at the helm you guys will realize what frauds Lafleur and Gute are. I don't care what Lafleurs record is, he needs to go. Everyone in here knew that special teams was going to cost us and the man refused to do anything about it. The guy is going to be gone in 2 years anyways so we might as well go full rebuild now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Friend, most of your fellow posters are acknowledging that WR2 is your biggest weakness on offense. I'm not reinventing the wheel here, just making the observation that your 2020 first round could have been a contributor on this team. Don't take it personally, it's not.

Word is the WR GB had first round picks on got gone by their draft slot.

That - and - they're not big on drafting WRs in Round 1.