Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Just now, skibrett15 said:

they beat the rams and competed well against the Super Bowl champions in the NFC championship game.

not sure how they are pretenders in any capacity.

Teams lose games, and the 9ers were a good team.  I think we had a much better shot with this roster vs TB and theirs if we do end up advancing.  SF was just a really tough out for GB!  Only 1 team can win the whole thing, and GB definitely had a very good shot this year.

2019 we got blown out before halftime. 2020 we never led once the entire game and this year we go one and done in a game where our defense doesn't give up a single TD. We are the definition of pretenders.

I'm sick of people comparing McCarthy to Lafleur or Love to Rodgers like we have some secret formula to sustained success. We dont, we just got lucky having back to back HoF QBs.

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not to mention tonight was the Divisional Round, not the NFC Championship. Tonight sucked, but the Seattle loss immunized me against ever feeling that much pain from sports again.

Wanna know what game did it for me?

It was that  GB @ SF - Young to TO to close it out.

Up until that game.....I was one of those guys standing up in front of the widescreen - looking to make tackles!
I cared WAY TOO MUCH.

That play.

That game.

Put the dagger into....that guy.

Oh - I still want to win these games. You can read it in my GDT stuff.....but I've achieved a modicum of emotional detachment....thats healthy. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they did just that on the final game-winning drive.

Anyway, they would have had a chance to score.  Easily is a poor choice of words.

I'm gonna count to three, snap my fingers and you'll  wake up. Ready?...

Edited by Dubz41

Just now, skibrett15 said:

they did just that on the final game-winning drive.

Anyway, they would have had a chance to score.  Easily is a poor choice of words.

If SF gets a FG rather than a blocked punt TD, that is quite a difference.  You seemed to be suggesting SF was likely to score the equivalent TD even had the punt not been blocked.  Do not agree with that at all.

1 minute ago, Boondoggle said:

We solved that problem and managed to create a much worse with ST😝

Yeah......they really played bad tonight.

Drayton should do a presser wherein he just resigns. Falls on his sword and say's "Thanks and sorry"

This.....

Ross Uglem -   They're not going to be able to keep this roster together either way unless people start taking paycuts left and right, including Rodgers and Adams.

They did tons of irresponsible cap **** to get this "last dance" together -- and won zero playoff games.

///

Ouch.

10 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not to mention tonight was the Divisional Round, not the NFC Championship. Tonight sucked, but the Seattle loss immunized me against ever feeling that much pain from sports again.

Exactly

That was the point for me as well where i could keep a remote detachment to a loss like this.

Im already over it

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

If SF gets a FG rather than a blocked punt TD, that is quite a difference.  You seemed to be suggesting SF was likely to score the equivalent TD even had the punt not been blocked.  Do not agree with that at all.

punting at all in that situation is rough, that's the only point I'm making.

Defense was wearing down, run game for SF still had some good juice.  It's possible that they punt and give up a TD!  SF would be in 4 down territory from that point forward.

Just now, Leader said:

This.....

Ross Uglem -   They're not going to be able to keep this roster together either way unless people start taking paycuts left and right, including Rodgers and Adams.

They did tons of irresponsible cap **** to get this "last dance" together -- and won zero playoff games.

///

Ouch.

Thats totally fine to take the shot.

Blow it up, lets suck for a while, and have a good season come out of nowhere so i can be happy about simply making the playoffs again

• Like 1

To all these people saying regular season doesn't matter etc etc etc

The packers won 1 playoff game this year.  It was the regular season - earning them a bye.  Getting a bye is a huge deal, but it's not a guarantee.

Unfortunately they failed to cash in on their first playoff win, and they lost their second.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

13 if you count the blocked FG, 16-20 if you don't get the lewis fumble.

This isn't Jimmy G vs Rodgers. At best it's Rodgers/MLF vs SF and Jimmy/Shanahan vs GB

I just don't see a ton to point to in the actual plays of the game where you're pissed at Rodgers.  It feels good to blame him, but I just don't see it from the play of the team.

I think that a MVP QB should be able to manage more than 10 points (going by what is on the score board).   Rodgers didn't make big mistakes, but the end total is just not enough.  

It is fair to tip your hat to the SF D.  But that is not a outlandish defense that you need to be fearful of.  Good, yes.  Great and a D that needs to be feared, hell no.  

It is unfortunate, but when your cap charge is that high, the pay off and results needs to be better.  

• Like 1