Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

GB had the worse defense coming in, JA didn't really play, and they outplayed SF.  SF had been the better defense all year, and they forced some huge errors by lewis and generated some big 3rd down stops by getting instant pressure on Rodgers.

I think the OL played bad outside of the 1st drive.  If the OL plays sound, the MVP is gonna look like the MVP.

i get it.  MVP needs a fair amount of help to look good.  He didn't look as good as he needed to to win.  

There is a reason that @Outpost31 has been preaching that no team has won a Super Bowl with a QB making over x % of the cap.  Team game and it is hard when 1 player is consuming so much of the cap.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

They tried their *** off to get Odell beckham, and it's painfully obvious why.  Without a healthy Cobb or MVS, there was zero threat outside of Davante

Murphy tried to play cute with Beckham and tried to undercut him. Or at least that was the rumor.

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Special teams was unspeakably bad.

Offense aside from 2 scoring drives was awful.  

Defense was spectacular.. Gave up 6 points.  

GB had not put together a full 3 phase game all year.  It was /felt like a ticking time bomb all year.  Point differential is something that is a bit telling on how good a team is.  

LaFleur needs to hire the best special teams coach money can buy and get the **** out of his way.  Last year coach buried us with a decison to kick a field goal down 8 .. this year he buried his team with a god-awful special teams.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

LaFleur needs to hire the best special teams coach money can buy and get the **** out of his way.  Last year coach buried us with a decison to kick a field goal down 8 .. this year he buried his team with a god-awful special teams.

We'll be lucky if special teams is our biggest issue next year.

35 minutes ago, dust247 said:

The ultimate kick to the balls will be Aaron leading a new team to a Super Bowl win next year when he had several chances to do so here in Green Bay since 2011. 

I don't think he can do it .. wilts under the pressure of the playoff lights.  Trasde him off and watch him decline and fade away.

1 minute ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

Losing AJ Dillon I also think hurt way more than people think.  He was supposed to be our 4th quarter bruiser back and we didn't have him in those drives to kill time.

I don't think it would have mattered .. we didn't do an aequate enough job of making the Niners face enough plays to get worn down.  The offense was putrid in the second half.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He tried that in his first year when he went after Darren Rizzi and the FO supposedly tried to low-ball him and he ended up in NO instead.  Maybe now the FO will actually spend the money to get a good one if MLF tries going that route again.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

i get it.  MVP needs a fair amount of help to look good.  He didn't look as good as he needed to to win.  

There is a reason that @Outpost31 has been preaching that no team has won a Super Bowl with a QB making over x % of the cap.  Team game and it is hard when 1 player is consuming so much of the cap.

So what are you supposed to do? Never pay your QB? Not like here are guys out there not names Tom Brady stacking up rings on a cheap contract. He's the exception to the rule.

All the analysis in the world doesn't matter. Came down to aaron rodgers and Matt Lafleur,  1 Td, then nothing the rest of the game. Yeah, it's time to move on from Rodgers. ******* 10 points, davante adame and Aaron rodgers,  10 points, at home. Yeah it's time to go in a new direction,  at the end of the day, that blocked punted shouldn't have mattered 

Edited by dwaye50327

2 minutes ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but look how wide open Allen Lazard was on the final 3rd down play for the Packers.  Even Rodgers mentioned it in his press conference.  Once again, he went to forcing to the ball to Davante.  I mean if Lazard catches this he's crossing the 50.

https://ibb.co/2Sw1wjJ

I would say this single picture effectively explains most of the criticism being leveled at Rodgers.  I don't expect the all-22 for this game will be doing Rodgers any favors.  He always has some degree of tunnel vision when it comes to Adams, but tonight between Adams and Jones he was on a completely different level.

36 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Sure, this would be fine if he was just some average Jimmy G type QB, but he’s supposed to be the MVP, and he has consistently put up unMVPlike games in the playoffs and here is another one. 

He’s supposed to be some master of reading defenses, and instead he looked confused as hell out there.  He’s supposed to make ungodly throws, and instead he hit maybe one guy in stride all game. Davante had to make acrobatic catch after acrobatic catch for us to move the ball at all. It was bad.  Sure, STs hosed us too, but 12 (and some blame goes to MLF, too) put us in a position where one screw up on D or ST would cost us the game, and it did.  

But they did a good job of getting him off his spot ;)  He was trash tonight.

Edited by {Family Ghost}