Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

16 minutes ago, persiandud said:

This is not a good matchup for us 

But if we play a clean game I think we got this. Can't come out slow like we have most of the season. Have to put the pressure on them early 

Really could go either way though. They have a hell of a roster. Should be a dandy!

I’m not sure I agree with this take anymore. 

Offensively , if we block well, Aaron is going to destroy this secondary . If they don’t have Bosa, I’m not too worried about their pass rush. 

Defensively they have fine pieces that can give us trouble but so does everyone. They don’t have the running game to dominate like last NFCCG, Jaire should be fine vs Deebo, Stokes fine vs Aiyuk . Kittle is scary but they also have Jimmy G. 

Block, stop the run, take advantage of Jimmy G’s mistakes . 

Garoppolo looked pretty average against Dallas, with a disappointing (for the 49ers) number of high, low and off-target throws.

If he is the same versus the Packers, you can mark down a W already. Unless the Packers come out like they did in week 1, they got this.

Watching Dallas was weird because it featured some old McCarthy traits. Ezekiel had just 12 rushes, while Mitchell and Deebo (as a RB) had 37. Garoppolo had 25 pass attempts, Dak had 43. I won't say McCarthy made no changes (via OC Kellen Moore) to his offense through the game, I suspect not many, but I'll leave that to others who can break the game down.  They (Dallas) just looking like they didn't want to be there, was extraordinary.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not sure I agree with this take anymore. 

Offensively , if we block well, Aaron is going to destroy this secondary . If they don’t have Bosa, I’m not too worried about their pass rush. 

Defensively they have fine pieces that can give us trouble but so does everyone. They don’t have the running game to dominate like last NFCCG, Jaire should be fine vs Deebo, Stokes fine vs Aiyuk . Kittle is scary but they also have Jimmy G. 

Block, stop the run, take advantage of Jimmy G’s mistakes . 

Their secondary has improved during the course of the season, they're actually a pretty good pass defense overall 

And they have an elite running game. That's the mismatch, their strength against our weakness. We are still soft against the run, so it makes it imperative we score points and keep their offense in a negative game script. 

Read the five pages of this that was posted after I went to bed and it's depressing. We are going to kick their ***! We are much better at setting the EDGE in the running game and light years ahead at ILB that we were two years ago. You guys are talking about the 2019 version of the Packers. 

Green Bay 30

San Francisco 17

First play of the game I want a designed run right to Dillon which goes right at Warner. I want Dillon to run that Mother ****er over and set the tone! 

We're coming and we're going to kick your *** for 60 minutes! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

Their secondary has improved during the course of the season, they're actually a pretty good pass defense overall 

And they have an elite running game. That's the mismatch, their strength against our weakness. We are still soft against the run, so it makes it imperative we score points and keep their offense in a negative game script. 

7th in yards per game, 16 in yards per carry, isn't really what I'd consider an "elite" run offense.

Just now, persiandud said:

Packers rush def DVOA is 28th

it's a mismatch like i said. their strength on our weakness. if you want to ignore the facts be my guest lol 

No I just don't consider it "elite". It's a top third ish run game, and they don't have the passing game to flesh it out. They also don't have a defense that can contain Rodgers/Adams. Their pass d is straight up bad, and the passing game is way more important than the run game.

6 minutes ago, spilltray said:

No I just don't consider it "elite". It's a top third ish run game, and they don't have the passing game to flesh it out. They also don't have a defense that can contain Rodgers/Adams. Their pass d is straight up bad, and the passing game is way more important than the run game.

you're way off base lol

their pass offense DVOA is also 5th in the NFL. they lead the league in YAC, Kittle and Samuel are game changers and Aiyuk has been dangerous of late 

their pass defense DVOA is 16th not "straight up bad" but average, and they've gotten better in recent weeks trusting their rookie CB Ambry Thomas over Josh Norman. their DL is formidable. we'll have to watch the practice reports to see if Bosa and Warner suit up, if they don't those are huge losses for them, but according to reports this morning i would expect both of them to play 

do not underestimate this team. they have as talented a roster as anyone in the NFL, and very smart minds in the coaching staff. this is going to be a very high level football match 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, persiandud said:

you're way off base lol

their pass offense DVOA is also 5th in the NFL. they lead the league in YAC, Kittle and Samuel are game changers and Aiyuk has been dangerous of late 

their pass defense DVOA is 16th not "straight up bad" but average, and they've gotten better in recent weeks trusting their rookie CB Ambry Thomas over Josh Norman. their DL is formidable. we'll have to watch the practice reports to see if Bosa and Warner suit up, if they don't those are huge losses for them, but according to reports this morning i would expect both of them to play 

do not underestimate this team. they have as talented a roster as anyone in the NFL, and very smart minds in the coaching staff. this is going to be a very high level football match 

Oh come on. You can't watch them and say you consider that a good pass offense. Garrapalo is a middle.of the road QB at best, and everything has to go through him.

As for the defense, yes their pass rush is solid, but it's not dominant. I'd argue it's comparable to.the Packers pass rush at best.

You are conveniently ignoring that the Packers strengths are a worse matchup for them and focusing only on the other direction.

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Read the five pages of this that was posted after I went to bed and it's depressing. We are going to kick their ***! We are much better at setting the EDGE in the running game and light years ahead at ILB that we were two years ago. You guys are talking about the 2019 version of the Packers. 

Green Bay 30

San Francisco 17

First play of the game I want a designed run right to Dillon which goes right at Warner. I want Dillon to run that Mother ****er over and set the tone! 

We're coming and we're going to kick your *** for 60 minutes! 

Seriously, idk why people are acting like scared children but it’s pathetic. 

Probably going to be a hard fought game, but we are a sizable favorite. If we play our best ball, we win. 

In the 2020 playoffs, Jimmy G compted 6 passes for like 70 yards and they smoked us. Obviously that was an anomoly and a different defense, but I wouldn't say "if you stop Jimmy G you beat the 49ers".  He's surely going to give you a few chances if they pass the ball but he really dosen't have to be the only guy to do damage either.