Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

If this thing goes south and the Packers get thumped it seems like it will be the end of the road for Rodgers in GB.  I'm thinking both sides will want to make a break from one another.  Losing is not really an option if we want to even attempt to keep the band together.  That's just the way it feels to me .. super bowl or bust.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If this thing goes south and the Packers get thumped it seems like it will be the end of the road for Rodgers in GB.  I'm thinking both sides will want to make a break from one another.  Losing is not really an option if we want to even attempt to keep the band together.  That's just the way it feels to me .. super bowl or bust.

And whats the feel should we get to the SB?

17 hours ago, BAM said:

Naw... that's just Jimmy G.

20 tds to 12 ints in the regular season.

If the Packers can rattle him, Jimmy will throw up int. Opportunities 

You don't really need to rattle Jimmy G. He's just dumb sometimes regardless of whether or not you pressure him. Just wait for him to give you something of his own accord. Very likely he will. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It has some finality possibility feelings I think. As a Patriots fan I had this same feeling in 2018 when NE faced the Chargers and KC and thought this could be it any game that was about to come. I think Rodgers does return to Green Bay if he wins the Super Bowl and is just calm and happy with himself. I think he really wants to win that 2nd Super Bowl badly and not sure Green Bay gets a better chance to win it again in his mind. Homefield advantage and rest of the playoff field is wounded with injuries. The Packers also have a great combination of experience and young, emerging players. If not now, when? Maybe a Super Bowl loss is acceptable, not sure but the Packers need to get over the NFC hump at least imo. 

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur emphasizes starting fast. Was a focus going into the Lions game and they scored on their opening drive (before going into "get Davante the record" mode). Wonder if it will change how the Packers handle the coin toss.

Between NFC and AFC, 8 teams were seeded 1-4, and 7 of them won.  Giants won the only "seeding" upset, so the Packers are the only team facing somebody seeded worse than 4th.  In a parity league, the margin is always slender for sure for the game with the oblong ball.  But for this weekend, things followed seed awfully well.  Lets hope that somehow seed holds again on Saturday night!

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur gave a VERY detailed answer when asked about two minute situations and how to approach the officials with spotting the ball.

Even went into the iOL giving the official space to get to the LOS. Incredible preparation and attention to detail.

16 hours ago, Refugee said:

I’m with you on that, but he’s been practicing on a limited basis. Definitely ready to see him, he has been one of my favorite players these past two seasons. I wish all of these guys could have gotten back for a few games at the end but it’s playoff time and I think the risk/reward equation gets changed up at this time of year. If we had essentially everyone minus Jenkins back and playing up to their former standards, this could be a very fun January. 

Barring an injury setback over the next several days, he's obviously going to play on Saturday.  And I don't imagine there are many practices left before Saturday.  So I have little doubt but that he'll play.  

But getting to saturday and playing is one thing; getting real game action and slamming and getting slammed is perhaps another.  He rested a lot and was medically cleared for game 1, too; but it didn't take too many real-game smashup plays to change that.   

I'm sure hoping that he's able to be explosive and make some plays on Saturday.  

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

And whats the feel should we get to the SB?

I'm not sure getting to the Super Bowl will be enough for Aaron .. I think the Packers would maybe be more apt to want to bring him back for another go, because they will have come one step away from the big prize.  Not sure Aaron would be on board with that.  Coming up short of the super bowl .. he gone.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur emphasizes starting fast. Was a focus going into the Lions game and they scored on their opening drive (before going into "get Davante the record" mode). Wonder if it will change how the Packers handle the coin toss.

After seeing the 49ers march down the field for six against Dallas, maybe the Packers will want the ball to start it.  Probably not .. everyone defers.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

After seeing the 49ers march down the field for six against Dallas, maybe the Packers will want the ball to start it.  Probably not .. everyone defers.

I would think weather could be a deciding factor here.  As late as we play if it were to be getting windier or colder or better chance of snow later one might want the ball right away to start the game.

• Like 1