Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

that is categorically false. the biggest mismatch is our rush D against their rush O. 

and concerningly, DVOA actually has the Niners as the better team overall. 

Team DVOA: SF 6th, GB 9th

Offense DVOA: SF 5th, GB 2nd. Pass O: SF 5th, GB 2nd. Rush O: SF 5th, GB 8th

Defense DVOA: SF 7th, GB 22nd. Pass D : SF  16th, GB 15th. Rush D : SF 2nd, GB 28th 

at least we're both ****ty on special teams. SF 26th, GB 32nd lol 

What was our DVOA with Rodgers (and without the train wreck that was week 1)? How many yards/carry did we allow in the first half? How many yards/carry did we allow in the second half up by more than one score?

Edited by TheEagle

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Our opponents average 5.3 yards/carry against us when trailing. They average ~4.05 when tied or leading. They have a passer rating of around 100 when tied  or leading and 78.8 when trailing. Makes sense. Interesting that our opponents have almost 200 more carries when trailing to us compared to when tied or leading.

4 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Interesting that our opponents have almost 200 more carries when trailing to us compared to when tied or leading

We were leading for 610 plays, 195 of those our opponent ran (32%).

We were tied for 230 plays, 103 of those our opponent ran (45%).

We were trailing for 197 plays,  97 of those our opponent ran (49%).

2 hours ago, craig said:

That would be kinda awesome for the Trey Lance legacy to come in and beat the #1-seeded Packers and Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau.  

He is VERY fast.  Not MVS, but in pads I think I'd bet on his speed over most of our other wide receivers.  

HUH?  Kinda awesome?  That would be super? 🙄  

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

way too many of you in this forum rely on simple antiquated stats like "yards". you can't seriously think we're a good rush defense because of what you just cited. part of the reason we haven't allowed many 100 yard rushers is because we get ahead on the scoreboard and force teams to pass. but that doesn't mean we're a good rush defense. in fact, we're still soft as **** which has been my criticism of this franchise for years

advanced metrics like DVOA and EPA paint a very different picture. as i said previously, Packers are 28th in rush defense DVOA. SF is 5th in rush offense DVOA. in week 3, they weren't even using Deebo Samuel like they are now. they're lining him up in the backfield and he's been destroying defenses. in week 3 they had Trey Sermon instead of Elijah Mitchell. just throw week 3 out bruh, we are getting a very different team here

here is EPA for rush defense, for both teams

the Niners are terrific against the run, rush EPA/play allowed of -0.15 which is elite, up there with the Saints as the best

the Packers are one of the worst teams against the run, rush EPA/play allowed of -0.01 that's as bad as the Chargers and Giants

it's going to come down to winning in the trenches like it usually does in the playoffs and i am seriously concerned they're going to whoop our ***. again. 

Me thinks you worry to much.  They barely beat the Rams and the Cowboys had 13-14 penalties and lost by 6.  The playoffs are a different atmosphere .. Packers by 10.

1 hour ago, BAM said:

What red-zone efficiency rating often miss is teams that can and do score from outside the red-zone with some regularity, and defenses that take the ball away a lot.

Here are some numbers that might make you wait to approach that Bridge persiandud

Turnover differential

#3  GB  +13

- Takeaways -- 18 INT's  -- 8 Fumbles = 26 TA

- Giveaways -- 7 INT's (3 by Love) -- 6 Fumbles = 13 GA

#23 SF   -4 

- Takeaways --  9 INT's  -- 11 Fumbles = 20

- Giveaways -- 14 INT's  --  10 Fumbles = 24 GA

I noticed some typos, so I corrected and bumped this post by quoting it

3 hours ago, craig said:

That would be kinda awesome for the Trey Lance legacy to come in and beat the #1-seeded Packers and Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau.  

He is VERY fast.  Not MVS, but in pads I think I'd bet on his speed over most of our other wide receivers.  

See crack pipe. Put crack pipe down. Back away from crack pipe. Flush the crack.

• Like 1