A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Sounds like Jerod Mayo may be in the lead for the Texans job

depends on who's treats your trust.  Aaron Wilson is very plugged into Houston.  I definitely trust him when he says Flores is 1A

Mayo makes sense, and would have likely been 1A had Flores not been available.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

depends on who's treats your trust.  Aaron Wilson is very plugged into Houston.  I definitely trust him when he says Flores is 1A

Mayo makes sense, and would have likely been 1A had Flores not been available.

Adam Schefter tweeted it. So, who knows. Flores makes a ton of sense though, especially if they want to keep Watson.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

It seems as though Culley got a raw deal?

I don’t know. He honestly should never have gotten consideration to be a head coach but he got a team to commit to two years worth of pay for the job. So he’s not coming out too shabby. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t know. He honestly should never have gotten consideration to be a head coach but he got a team to commit to two years worth of pay for the job. So he’s not coming out too shabby. 

That's a pretty creative way to look at the situation. He won as many games as his predecessor even though the roster had been sabotaged. 

Just because he got paid doesn't mean he deserves to be treated poorly. The alternative and more likely scenario above paints a terrible picture of that organization.

38 minutes ago, K9 said:

This is a dumb question, I know but just wondering... do you want to hire your GM first or your head coach? Or does it matter

I’d think normally you’d want the GM to pick the head coach. So that position likely gets filled first if I has to guess.

• Like 3

I want us to do initial interviews with HCs while also doing 1st / 2nd round GM interviews. Once we have a GM, he gets to chose from the final 3/4 best candidates (or who is still remaining at that time). 

i guess we’ll see if HCs truly wait for GMs to be hired before accepting a HC role. I think not exactly

13 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

That's a pretty creative way to look at the situation. He won as many games as his predecessor even though the roster had been sabotaged. 

Just because he got paid doesn't mean he deserves to be treated poorly. The alternative and more likely scenario above paints a terrible picture of that organization.

He got a $22m retirement gift for a career positional coach. No one treated him poorly, I suspect he knew what he was getting into. 

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I want us to do initial interviews with HCs while also doing 1st / 2nd round GM interviews. Once we have a GM, he gets to chose from the final 3/4 best candidates (or who is still remaining at that time). 

i guess we’ll see if HCs truly wait for GMs to be hired before accepting a HC role. I think not exactly

I mean, time wise I just don’t think they should get distracted. Work at one thing at a time.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

He got a $22m retirement gift for a career positional coach. No one treated him poorly, I suspect he knew what he was getting into. 

Setting someone up to fail and then firing them for doing better than anyone could have expected is not what I would consider being treated fairly. His prior credentials don't really matter in that instance. 

Paying someone any dollar amount doesn't make an act any better or worse. On top of that, even if he DID know what he was getting into, that's a terrible way to run an organization and an absolute disservice to the players and staff of that franchise. 

At any rate, you're welcome to your interpretation.