A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

I get the idea behind this, but their opinions shouldn't carry much weigh. They couldn't put it together on the field. They couldn't execute the pan, even if it was somewhat flawed.

That's why guys like Manning, Rodgers, and other have a some say in these decisions. They are leaders and their team trusts their judgment.

Minnesota is more of a group of individual opinions, than a team.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

What are your best guesses as to when we hire our new GM? Does them starting to set up HC interviews mean a new GM is somewhat close, or just narrowing the HC field?

GM interviews are set to begin tomorrow, so I’d expect a new GM to be hired by the end of the week. 

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

If we get a young offensive head coach,  who be some former head coaches that could be potential defensive coordinators?

I'd put Vic Fangio at the top of the list. Would be like the McVay/Wade Phillips pairing that seemed to work fairly well. Would not be opposed to a Kellen Moore/Fangio pairing myself.

1 hour ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

I'd put Vic Fangio at the top of the list. Would be like the McVay/Wade Phillips pairing that seemed to work fairly well. Would not be opposed to a Kellen Moore/Fangio pairing myself.

He runs a 3-4 doesn't he?  Do we have many of the players needed to run that? The defense needs to be rebuilt anyways so maybe it wouldn't be bad to go all out but idk

19 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He runs a 3-4 doesn't he?  Do we have many of the players needed to run that? The defense needs to be rebuilt anyways so maybe it wouldn't be bad to go all out but idk

There really isn’t many players in the league that wouldn’t have a spot whether it’s 3-4 or 4-3