Playoffs- Wild Card- Raiders

Johnny Nix

46 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm not worried about it,  you just strike me as someone who would prefer to be correct🤷

Yeah, I can also understand. People used to pronounce Philip Rivers name with two Ls, aka Phillip, all the time and that made be nuts lol.

Here’s a good piece on Burrow.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/joe-burrow-is-the-most-dangerous

Start with the brain, with how Burrow sees the game.

When Hall-of-Fame quarterback Kurt Warner dissects the position, it can seem like he’s being too critical when, truthfully, he’s watching the position through a much different lens than other ex-players. He’s watching it as someone who won the MVP award twice with a surgical mind. Thus, he doesn’t allow himself to get too hyped over Lamar Jackson’s speed or Kyler Murray’s improvisation or even Josh Allen’s cartoonish arm. When we first chatted one year ago, Warner even noted that Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson were two quarterbacks who’ve freelanced outside the confines of the X’s and O’s most of their career, thus, it’s no coincidence they only have one ring apiece.

To win a Super Bowl, he believes a quarterback must hit his layups with numbing efficiency for one… two… three… four games in a row.

That’s extremely difficult to pull off and that’s why Brady is running out of fingers for his rings.

So, when pressed then who he actually likesother than Brady, Warner didn’t hesitate. It was Burrow. And that was back when Burrow went 2-7-1 as a rookie. Warner saw a quarterback processing a fast game at an even faster speed.

59 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Nice catch.  Before his meteoric rise, I wanted Herbert over Tua, simply because when I watched him presnap, I thought he was processing super fast before ever snapping the ball, which led to quick check-downs a lot.  When LA took the reigns off, he soared.  Same with Burrow.  If Marvin was still here, he might still be on the bench or barely getting his feet wet.  Obviously I am ecstatic with Burrow, and I know you are with Herbert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Nice catch.  Before his meteoric rise, I wanted Herbert over Tua, simply because when I watched him presnap, I thought he was processing super fast before ever snapping the ball, which led to quick check-downs a lot.  When LA took the reigns off, he soared.  Same with Burrow.  If Marvin was still here, he might still be on the bench or barely getting his feet wet.  Obviously I am ecstatic with Burrow, and I know you are with Herbert.

Thanks! I’m still upset Herbert isn’t in the playoffs along with Burrow.

On a side note, Herbert isn’t quite there yet compared to Burrow but he’s getting better. Part of it is because he didn’t play in a pro style offense like Burrow did in college. He also had multiple OCs at Oregon. During his rookie season, Lynn and Steichen helped him transition by giving him easy reads and cutting the field in half. This season under Lombardi was the first time he was really tested mentally. There were some ups and downs despite his nice stats, but you can see the progress mentally presnap and post snap. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

What’s your starting OL today and how good do you feel about each one?

Are you trying to stress me out?  Maybe it's a penny.

LT Jonah Williams League average player.  Not a brick wall, but good enough to stick around.

LG Quentin Spain - Occasionally dominant actually, but mostly just a solid veteran type.  Least likely guy for me to be mad at after the game

C Trey Hopkins _- A league average player who has struggled this year.  Has played better the second half of the year though

RG Hakeem Adenenji - Yeah, I guess this is who starts.  He's not very good, but more of a developing player really. 

RT Isaiah Prince - Bad college player who I'm somehow forced to watch.  I can't believe we couldn't do better than this.

4 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Are you trying to stress me out?  Maybe it's a penny.

LT Jonah Williams League average player.  Not a brick wall, but good enough to stick around.

LG Quentin Spain - Occasionally dominant actually, but mostly just a solid veteran type.  Least likely guy for me to be mad at after the game

C Trey Hopkins _- A league average player who has struggled this year.  Has played better the second half of the year though

RG Hakeem Adenenji - Yeah, I guess this is who starts.  He's not very good, but more of a developing player really. 

RT Isaiah Prince - Bad college player who I'm somehow forced to watch.  I can't believe we couldn't do better than this.

I’m not trying to stress you out but the reality is that Max Crosby wrecked our game because we couldn’t protect Herbert on the right side. I hope Taylor does a better job with of mitigating the pass rush than we did.

Optimistically, I assume your defense is better at stopping the run than ours. Just don’t give up 3rd and long like we did. And win the turnover battle.

31 painful years of waiting is finally over. The tears from 2005 and 2015 can be wiped away. Andy Dalton's meltdowns are a thing of the past and JoeMarr is the future.

Congrats Bengals fans, y'all deserve it after all these years of heartache and seeing so many talented teams go to waste.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3