• Dolphins
    • Giants
    • Jaguars
    • Raiders
    • Vikings
    • Texans*
    • Panthers*

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Carson also went down after he tore his ACL and his backup QB just won a Super Bowl with his offense playing at an elite level for a playoff run. Your just pointing the finger at Doug cause it is convenient, but there is definitely more to the story than just losing Reich.

Sure. The planets did align in 2017. And I will give Doug the credit for being ahead of the 'Meta' in 2017. But then people figured it out, and he never adjusted. He just kept trying the same thing and it was painfully obvious he was either too stubborn to change or couldn't figure out how to make the appropriate changes to his scheme.

Just now, Danger said:

Sure. The planets did align in 2017. And I will give Doug the credit for being ahead of the 'Meta' in 2017. But then people figured it out, and he never adjusted. He just kept trying the same thing and it was painfully obvious he was either too stubborn to change or couldn't figure out how to make the appropriate changes to his scheme.

I agree with everything you just said.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would he follow JG? Why not replace Gannon in Philly? Join the Giants, Jags somewhere else?

JG was a protege of his, if he’s gonna be a CEO type HC then Zimmer can just coach the D.

Does open up the possibility of him here though too, yes.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

JG was a protege of his, if he’s gonna be a CEO type HC then Zimmer can just coach the D.

Does open up the possibility of him here though too, yes.

I mean it's possible.  Just don't know many teachers willing to work under their protégé? That's all. 

Would make more sense to go elsewhere with potentially more talent,  opportunity to win?

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

At this point, good. The FO have been evaluating for Gannon’s scheme. I’d like to see what he can do with better personnel 

Yeah, I’m not overly upset about it like some Eagles fans are. Would I have been thrilled to get an established DC with a great track record who is on the older side and won’t likely leave if we have some success? Yeah obviously.

But, I think we saw some progress from him as the season went on. He was keeping things super bland the first half of the year. Now is that cause he didn’t want to make things complicated on them early when facing some higher end QBs? Possibly. I’m sure later in the season he wasn’t as afraid to mix it up more also cause of the level of QBs we were facing. I kinda think he’s always gonna be a bit more passive as a play caller though.

We really didn’t have the personnel to run the kind of defense that Gannon wants to implement with our less rangy older safeties and linebackers. 

Having TJ Edwards and his iq eventually take Eric Wilson’s job certainly helped, especially against the run. We still need way more than what we have in the middle of our defense though. 

Hopefully we add at least 2 defensive picks in the first 2 rounds this year and at least one good starter in FA. 

From a couple days ago:

From today:

But, with that said I don't think Gannon should've been walking into a HC position after one year as a play caller even if he is a good interview and people like the leadership or energy he brings. That is probably the toughest spot for any HC. Brian Daboll said "nope" when basically all that was available was the Eagles and Texans jobs. Houston has struggled to really bring in good candidates for the most part and the ones with better resumes I don't think were strongly considering them or they had concerns like Flores. 

The Texans job just isn't a job even a better candidate should be jumping at. It's probably best served for someone with A LOT of head coaching experience and can bring some stability.