2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

OT is off the board, obviously. 

EDGE is a must, clearly.

WR looks to be the biggest question mark in terms of when we will add one. Via trade, at #10, 2nd or 3rd round. We know we’re going to do something we just don’t know when and who. 

DT needs a starting 1T, could upgrade at Center possibly, LB, S, TE and RB are all in play later in the draft. 

Corner is a weird spot. We drafted 3 last year, brought in a highly touted UDFA, Hall progressed in the system and then we signed Reed to a 3 year deal. Sauce is amazing, one of the best CB prospects in a long time and fits the BPA mold especially at 10 but would they do it?

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

OT is off the board, obviously. 

EDGE is a must, clearly.

WR looks to be the biggest question mark in terms of when we will add one. Via trade, at #10, 2nd or 3rd round. We know we’re going to do something we just don’t know when and who. 

DT needs a starting 1T, could upgrade at Center possibly, LB, S, TE and RB are all in play later in the draft. 

Corner is a weird spot. We drafted 3 last year, brought in a highly touted UDFA, Hall progressed in the system and then we signed Reed to a 3 year deal. Sauce is amazing, one of the best CB prospects in a long time and fits the BPA mold especially at 10 but would they do it?

If we take everything literally we are for sure going Edge 4 WR 10 but we’ll see how the board shakes up. 

Walkers just weird to me Athletically he has it all, has good bend, but I’m just not impressed with his tape, he has his moments but hasn’t really done it consistently enough for me to be comfortable taking him at 4.

• Like 1

I am convinced that #4 will be a DE. 

If we hit on that DE, we could have a nasty DL. 

DE-first round pick, Bryce Huff

DT-Quinnen Williams, Nathan Shepherd 

DT-Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas,  Tanzel Smart, Jonathan Marshall

DE-Carl Lawson, John Franklin Myers , Jacob Martin

The depth would be insane, and I fully expect in this scenario that JFM will be moved all around and on passing downs will be inside at DT where he is nasty.  

Hopefully that player we land at #4 ends up being good and not a bust. That right there with hopefully Carl Lawson staying healthy could lead to a big difference in our defense. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Convenient how you left 2021 out with Chase, Waddle and Smith right?

Perhaps if you read what I wrote you would understand why.

Seems like you're only counting the guys who are stars. And that's not how you rate if the pick was good or not. It's a success rate. Not a superstar rate.

Again, its in the text.  I said it was my opinion and you may have yours.  I will rate the pick as I see fit by my definition.  Not yours.

I get that you want a WR so bad that you will settle for mediocrity if you are including Aiyuk.  We have Davis and want to upgrade.  Yeah, he was worth a FRP.  Hollywood who?

2018 you're leaving out DJ Moore? Really?

In my reply to KONY I acknowledged that.  You must have missed that too, huh?

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Still think gonna land somebody big

I just don't know who, I don't know why the Seahawks would trade DK Metcalf. He is young and a building block player.   AJ Brown seems like a fantasy as well, why would the Titans trade their best WR when they are a contending team? 

If not I am fine with going Drake London or Garrett WIlson at #10. 

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

right opportunity like George Fant and 2nd round pick for Cooper Kupp?  We wish. lol.

Anyway, I don't actually see any WR that fits their sought for role will be available by the draft time.

13 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I am convinced that #4 will be a DE. 

If we hit on that DE, we could have a nasty DL. 

DE-first round pick, Bryce Huff

DT-Quinnen Williams, Nathan Shepherd 

DT-Sheldon Rankins, Solomon Thomas,  Tanzel Smart, Jonathan Marshall

DE-Carl Lawson, John Franklin Myers , Jacob Martin

The depth would be insane, and I fully expect in this scenario that JFM will be moved all around and on passing downs will be inside at DT where he is nasty.  

Hopefully that player we land at #4 ends up being good and not a bust. That right there with hopefully Carl Lawson staying healthy could lead to a big difference in our defense. 

Jets will still need DT there.  Thomas and Shepherd are not exactly home run signings as Big Q and Rankins will hit FA after this season.  Whoever DT they take along 1st round DE will elevate DL level.

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

Perhaps if you read what I wrote you would understand why.

Again, its in the text.  I said it was my opinion and you may have yours.  I will rate the pick as I see fit by my definition.  Not yours.

I get that you want a WR so bad that you will settle for mediocrity if you are including Aiyuk.  We have Davis and want to upgrade.  Yeah, he was worth a FRP.  Hollywood who?

In my reply to KONY I acknowledged that.  You must have missed that too, huh?

The original percentage was a SUCCESS rate of WRs. You on your own made it a STAR rate.

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

JD is smart enough to know how the fan base will flip if it goes from us getting a star WR to drafting a guy in Round 2. As a fan base and even a team... that's a kick in the nuts.