2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d rather draft a starting elite C than a combine warrior in Walker or a guy like Sauce that more than likely is our 4th CB as a rookie. We draft Linderbaum and we move McGovern more than likely. 

sauce would be our number one corner.  Now whether that position needs addressed more than others is a solid debate, but let's not kid outselves that the guys we have are number one types.  Bunch of two's on the roster

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greene N White said:

How can someone say center is not an important position on a football team? That’s asinine.

We are not saying it is not important it is just not a top position in football. Your not going to use a top 10 pick on a C. Usually the C will be in the high teens being picked. 

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

sauce would be our number one corner.  Now whether that position needs addressed more than others is a solid debate, but let's not kid outselves that the guys we have are number one types.  Bunch of two's on the roster

I agree 100% Gardner will be the #1 CB on this team. Probably after a few games he will block out the #1 WR on ever team. This guys is a STUD period. You want guys like this on your team no matter the position. I think he will be better than Ramsey. 

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Why would he be our #1 Corner? 

41 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Just cant get behind that. We just signed Reed who was a top 10 outside CB. Hall is progressing and is a very nice #2. I'll listen to the debate all day that he's not a #1. Sauce at his size and agility isn't a slot guy. So yes he'd have to beat out 2 very good vet CBs to even start. Which is unlikely for him. So he'd be our 4th CB more than likely. Which would be an awful use of assets when we can use starters in areas.

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just cant get behind that. We just signed Reed who was a top 10 outside CB. Hall is progressing and is a very nice #2. I'll listen to the debate all day that he's not a #1. Sauce at his size and agility isn't a slot guy. So yes he'd have to beat out 2 very good vet CBs to even start. Which is unlikely for him. So he'd be our 4th CB more than likely. Which would be an awful use of assets when we can use starters in areas.

Although I wouldn’t necessarily go CB in round 1 I’m not completely against the idea.

If Sauce or Stingley can be a #1 Cb and by that I mean play top tier receivers well then that’s a sure upgrade over a guy like Hall who whilst a solid player is hardly unupgradable (that’s probably not even a word I just made it up!!) 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And why would you draft a Corner for a defense predicated on pressure from the front 4?

This is a fine question. Not saying he should be the pick. Simply saying he'd be the number one corner. The Saleh d works best when u have a Sherman cut down one half the field type that allows you to shade everyone else the opposition way and let the pressure win 

• Like 1