2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Hes good, just so old, 25 already

I understand the concern there. But if he's good enough to start now and gives us 6-7 starting seasons, I'm happy.  Especially at RT. 

The key thing for me is finding starters who can improve their positions long enough to help Wilson become the QB we need. We're not going to draft all 5 OL positions and keep them for 10+ years after extending their contracts. It never happens.  So this works for me. 

I think we have to trust JD to an extent. If Thibs is there and we don’t draft him… he had to not show JD and the staff that he was a quality individual. It’s crystal clear that they want a culture of high character guys. And you can’t blame him for that. Everything you read on him is not exactly a JD player. So it’s not hard to believe that his ply we might like, but we don’t like the individual. And I just don’t think he’s bringing in guys like that. 

That being said… he also very well could’ve been great in interviews with us and changed their minds. But all reports and interviews with him seem to show him as that laid back type guy. So I don’t think he just jumped out at them as a leader, team player, high character guy.

If they pass on Thibodeaux and take JJ, then it wasnt character concerns or it’s hypocritical because Johnson has some negative stuff out there about him as well

NFL Hot Press

bannerMostAccurateMock2_small.png?19 
*Walt taking 2014 and 2018
 Charlie Campbell, Senior Draft Analyst
2022 NFL Draft Week Rumors Tuesday
Updated April 26, 2022 
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

• While Thibodeaux's poor reputation has gotten publicity leading up the 2022 NFL Draft, another edge rusher who is receiving poor marks for character has flown under the radar, Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson. Multiple team sources say Johnson's character issues are significant, with one director of player personnel labelling Johnson as worse than Thibodeaux. Teams received negative feedback from Georgia, and the character issues played a part in Johnson transferring from the Bulldogs for his senior year. Johnson did well in the pre-draft workouts and at the Senior Bowl, so he is probably safe as a top-20 selection. But if he slides, the makeup question will be what is dragging him down.
Edited by Abe56

22 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

If they pass on Thibodeaux and take JJ, then it wasnt character concerns or it’s hypocritical because Johnson has some negative stuff out there about him as well

NFL Hot Press

bannerMostAccurateMock2_small.png?19 
*Walt taking 2014 and 2018
 Charlie Campbell, Senior Draft Analyst
2022 NFL Draft Week Rumors Tuesday
Updated April 26, 2022 
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

• While Thibodeaux's poor reputation has gotten publicity leading up the 2022 NFL Draft, another edge rusher who is receiving poor marks for character has flown under the radar, Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson. Multiple team sources say Johnson's character issues are significant, with one director of player personnel labelling Johnson as worse than Thibodeaux. Teams received negative feedback from Georgia, and the character issues played a part in Johnson transferring from the Bulldogs for his senior year. Johnson did well in the pre-draft workouts and at the Senior Bowl, so he is probably safe as a top-20 selection. But if he slides, the makeup question will be what is dragging him down.

We coached him for a week. I think they’d have a decent idea of his character. As well as interviews and asking staff and all as this mentions. 

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I said to someone yesterday I’d offer a 2 this year and next years first. Could be a higher pick than 10 but if that’s the case they’ll likely be starting over again anyway

Obviously we’d like that. But no way SF is going for that. Remember when you trade future picks that pick is viewed as a end of the round pick or the respected round you’re trading. So we offer a 1st in 2023. We’re used to drafting top 5-10. So that’s what we think. But on a trade value chart. That pick is pretty much values as the 30th pick. So SF isn’t trading him for a package like that.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t even wanna watch the draft at this point lol 

Im in the same boat, can already feel my misery coming lol.  Knowing a Thibodeaux/Wilson or Williams or Deebo combo is right there for the taking and walking out with Johnson and London is too much for me to take

At this point im just looking forward to day 2 and day 3

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Im in the same boat, can already feel my misery coming lol.  Knowing a Thibodeaux/Wilson or Williams or Deebo combo is right there for the taking and walking out with Johnson and London is too much for me to take

At this point im just looking forward to day 2 and day 3

You’re more optimistic than me. I’m looking forward to the UDFA 😉