2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If you could add 1 pending free agent or draft prospect this off-season by any means who would it be?

Wow nobody has balls.  lol.

For me, it is Marquez Valdes-Scantling.  That would keep WR out of first round as top priority.  Sorry, I can't help with it.

On 2/7/2022 at 7:53 PM, Bobby816 said:

If he doesn’t show up in the best shape possible this camp… the guys doesn’t have the mental or physical ability to play in this league. He 100% knows what’s at stake and what the critics have said. It’s on him. In all honesty if he doesn’t win a OT spot and play at an above average level… I’m about done with him. I never wanted to draft him keep in mind. I wanted Wirfs.

Sadly many a player have had careers shortened because of lack of discipline. To be fair all we have heard are accusations of his being overweight and out of shape. Management will never admit that his absence was because a weight issue (if it was). 

But If I were to guess based on what Woody said about coming back in the best shape of his career. Then I believe there is some validity to the reports.

But if he comes back in terrific shape, like Salah said let the competition begin. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets drafted an OL with the first 4 picks as insurance in the event Becton is unreliable.

I'm sure they are monitoring his progress or lack thereof.

18 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The thing with Becton is, he rated better as a rookie than Fant did in his career year. 

I am not against going OT with the 4th pick though, just because we could potentially land a stud and I am a strong believer in making a beast OL. 

A lot of people are having us take Drake London 10th overall.  

I think some of our defensive needs we can address in FA. I'd like to go after Marcus Williams, I think he would be a great fit and is a very good player at Safety. Hes only 25 so he is prime.  

I am not against going all offense round 1, because building around Zach is the most important thing. We need Zach to have the support around him.  Drake London is a 6'5 WR who has great ball skills and in ways reminds me of Brandon Marshall the way he runs his routes as a bigger WR.  But it is still early to know who we will get.

I'm really hoping we can get Trey McBride with our 2nd round pick. 

Its a deep TE class and there are good TE's even going into rounds 4-5. He is a safe pick for sure, but Rucker is moving up the boards and could be had in round 2-3. Dulcich in fact is considered the 4th best TE behind McBride. 

22 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If you could add 1 pending free agent or draft prospect this off-season by any means who would it be?

FA: James Daniels or Alex Bars 

Draft: I don't have one. I love Hamilton, Lloyd, Gardner, Thibo, and Ojabo. lol 

Trade: Danielle Hunter (I know this wasn't asked for.lol)