2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

I think JuJu was Ok this season - antics wise.  I'm not so sure he is a locker room cancer but I could be wrong on that.

Besides JuJu and Godwin (who I think will not be a Jet) I like Kirk.  Beyond that and we are looking at WR4 or WR5 in which case spending a FRP on a WR this year may be more of a reality.

Big fan of Kirk. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

I think JuJu was Ok this season - antics wise.  I'm not so sure he is a locker room cancer but I could be wrong on that.

Besides JuJu and Godwin (who I think will not be a Jet) I like Kirk.  Beyond that and we are looking at WR4 or WR5 in which case spending a FRP on a WR this year may be more of a reality.

I like Kirk but don't really see how he fits in behind Davis and Moore, just feels like a lot of resources tied to a group without a proven game changer (even though I think Moore will be that guy). Would rather roll the dice on a FRP or trade for a Ridley like player. 

Maybe I'm being greedy or too idealistic. Maybe it's a recency bias - Bengals, Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Cowboys etc. Just feels like we're desperate for top tier offensive talent, even with Moore hopefully emerging. 

14 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I like Kirk but don't really see how he fits in behind Davis and Moore, just feels like a lot of resources tied to a group without a proven game changer (even though I think Moore will be that guy). Would rather roll the dice on a FRP or trade for a Ridley like player. 

Maybe I'm being greedy or too idealistic. Maybe it's a recency bias - Bengals, Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Cowboys etc. Just feels like we're desperate for top tier offensive talent, even with Moore hopefully emerging. 

We will never have a proven game changer at WR until we have a QB that can make that happen.  We all hope Zach is the guy and the Jets should be doing what they can to help.  Getting a top FA WR at this point may or may not make all the difference like it may have done in Buffalo.  Getting someone to help Zach progress faster is what we need.  All those teams you mentioned built their WR core through the draft save a name or two.  Get a vet who can start and help Zach and draft the game changer when Zach is closer to having that ability.

A desperation move would be signing Davante for $20+M and hoping he could be the same Adams as he was with Rodgers chucking him the ball.  It is a move that could really backfire on us.

34 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Optimistically we could look at it and say if Davis can stay healthy and get rid of those mental drops… he’s a 1k 8td guy for us. Moore actually gets to play with Wilson for a whole season and gets close to those numbers as well. But those things happening are if everything is perfect and Wilson takes a big leap. I see what you’re saying with Kirk, I mean I like his play and he fits perfect into our system. But he shouldn’t be looked at as a key piece. I did a write up yesterday where I’d go after him if Berrios doesn’t move off his price. Kirk is better and has a similar game. I’d rather pay a couple mill more for Kirk as our 4 that overpay Berrios.

Christian Kirk should be signed with Jets.  Lining him at Slot with Corey Davis and Elijah Moore on outside will be a great start for Zach Wilson's developmental process.  That way Jets don't have to worry about readiness in TE or another slot receiver.

Unfortunately, while he isn't number one or two material he will get good amount of money. That will eliminate Braxton Berrios' reunion with Jets if so.

Cimini with a report today that we like Hamilton a lot and that we might double dip on defense at 4 and 10. Unless we just kill in helping Wilson in FA… I’ll be irate if we just drafted Wilson and follow it up with then drafting 2 defensive players to help him out.

And the. We wonder all year why we can’t seem to ever find and develop a QB. Because great teams help there QB as a priority.

Now I can careless what Cimini says bc he is all about click bait and next week might have an article how we love Ikem and might double dip on offense.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cimini with a report today that we like Hamilton a lot and that we might double dip on defense at 4 and 10. Unless we just kill in helping Wilson in FA… I’ll be irate if we just drafted Wilson and follow it up with then drafting 2 defensive players to help him out.

And the. We wonder all year why we can’t seem to ever find and develop a QB. Because great teams help there QB as a priority.

Now I can careless what Cimini says bc he is all about click bait and next week might have an article how we love Ikem and might double dip on offense.

I think it’s all BS reporting has been all over the place so I’d take it with a grain of salt

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

smoke

Everything is click bait, anyway.

NFL teams have their own scouts (amateur and professional).  All prospects talk (bs) should come from those groups but not GM and FO, themselves.

Although I am okay with double dip on defense in 1st, don't panic until Jets actually complete 1st round work.

J.C. Jackson to become a Free Agent @ only 26 years old?

Already an All-Pro and Pro Bowl CB with 25 career INTs (despite only 4 NFL years of experience) and last year just ranked as the NFLs 3rd best CB?

This kid will cost a lot of $$$ (as does a 27 year old Jalen Ramsey) but for an absolute beast of a true outside #1 elite CB?

Get us an elite pass rushing prospect @ #4 overall and sign me up.

FS: Marcus Williams (FA).

SS: Daxton Hill (2nd Round).

CB #1: J.C Jackson.
CB #2: Bryce Hall.
Nickel: Brandin Echols.
Dime: Michael Carter II.

#NoFlyZone.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Forget drafting DB players during the 1st Round. 

#4 = OT or Edge. 

#10 = WR. 

I'd love to sign both J.C Jackson (CB) and Marcus Williams (FS) in order to head into the draft with just about our entire Secondary complete.