2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

One gets all helps from one location and then moves to different location.  Don't we see that as an issue?

It depends on what it is. There may not be a problem at all with the location. Because it's mental health, it could also have nothing to do with the location he's at. Also, a lot of therapists are meeting remote because of the virus. So much we can go over. It all depends on what exactly it is. Example, Richard Sherman & Everson Griffin's mental health challenges are completely different and required different answers. I was providing examples of how proving progress could work as well as answering to the assumption New York would be a problem.

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't see a major risk unless we extend his contract too early in the season. The pick we'll trade will definitely be a conditional based on if he plays a certain amount of games and a little later because teams' concerns

If we have to trade a SRP, isn’t that a major risk. That SRP could be used on a starter with high potential. Think Dotson, McBride, Wydermyer, Etc.  We would miss out on a slew of good players. I really don’t think Atl. Would give up Ridley for anything less than a guaranteed SRP. Couple that with his $11M in 2022 and the need for an extension and it is just too risky.

If Atl. was willing to accept a TRP or conditional SRP based on playing time, then I guess so. But more complete teams would probably outbid us. I don’t think a team like KC would care about losing out on a SRP to add a player like Ridley. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

If we have to trade a SRP, isn’t that a major risk. That SRP could be used on a starter with high potential. Think Dotson, McBride, Wydermyer, Etc.  We would miss out on a slew of good players. I really don’t think Atl. Would give up Ridley for anything less than a guaranteed SRP. Couple that with his $11M in 2022 and the need for an extension and it is just too risky.

No team is trading a high pick without being conditional based on him playing a certain amount of games. That's why I'm not worried.  

Atlanta doesn't have a choice, the league has watched a guy in Buffalo quit at halftime of a game, AB lose his mind and leave a game, Goodson retire on our team this year, Andrew Luck leaving the game early,  and many others provided examples of what could go wrong or how a player can leave early with mental health being involved.  No one is going to give up a 2nd for a guy who took the year off for mental health and will need a new contract by the end of the season without protection. 

Even if we were to trade a 2nd, we have 2 of them with a chance to earn another after trading back. The odds of those 2nd round picks becoming as good as Ridley are very slim. We know Ridley is coming in as a #1 if everything checks out. So that pick would be used for someone who we know we need vs picking someone hoping they become it. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

No team is trading a high pick without being conditional based on him playing a certain amount of games. That's why I'm not worried.  

Atlanta doesn't have a choice, the league has watched a guy in Buffalo quit at halftime of a game, AB lose his mind and leave a game, Goodson retire on our team this year, Andrew Luck leaving the game early,  and many others provided examples of what could go wrong or how a player can leave early with mental health being involved.  No one is going to give up a 2nd for a guy who took the year off for mental health and will need a new contract by the end of the season without protection. 

Even if we were to trade a 2nd, we have 2 of them with a chance to earn another after trading back. The odds of those 2nd round picks becoming as good as Ridley are very slim. We know Ridley is coming in as a #1 if everything checks out. So that pick would be used for someone who we know we need vs picking someone hoping they become it. 

Not trying to lighten Ridley’s mental health… but I’m not totally convinced that he wouldn't have played if they had a good roster.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Not trying to lighten Ridley’s mental health… but I’m not totally convinced that he wouldn't have played if they had a good roster.

I doubt roster played a part. Especially when he's entering contract year. Can't give a team a reason to be scared of signing you to a big deal. He would have just demanded a trade like others. The team is planning to meet with him to check on him and hope to keep him. The trade rumors are 100% based on the idea of him possibly needing a new start, that's it. There are about 2-3 1 score games he would have made the difference in. That's a 9 or 10 win season they could of had. 

Not surprised by this stat, but Zach Wilson led the NFL by a significant margin in WRs dropping passes that were considered catchable.  

We need our WRs to first stay healthy next season, because we rarely had a full staff.  But we need to improve the talent and get better. I think it also has to do that Wilson throws hard passes that they aren't ready for.  Sometimes it was his fault too with bad ball placement, but it wasn't always the case.   

We need to get a legit receiving threat at TE. 

9 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not surprised by this stat, but Zach Wilson led the NFL by a significant margin in WRs dropping passes that were considered catchable.  

We need our WRs to first stay healthy next season, because we rarely had a full staff.  But we need to improve the talent and get better. I think it also has to do that Wilson throws hard passes that they aren't ready for.  Sometimes it was his fault too with bad ball placement, but it wasn't always the case.   

I noticed yesterday that Jamar Chase is so good at adjusting to balls and even when Allen wasn’t directly on target the Bills WRs still caught it. 
Even when Zach was accurate sometimes the WRs had trouble. But when he was slightly off he didn’t really have anyone bail him out. Burrow can loft it to Chase and he makes the adjustment. If Zach isn’t perfect we don’t have someone who can adjust. 

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not until we have OL for real.

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bengals play well and we should draft Zach a weapon in the first like Chase

Bills play well and we should trade for a weapon like Diggs

I just love the copy cat mentality of fan bases who think 1+1=2

The common theme though is getting your QB weapons. In any way. At TE, RB, WR whatever. The more the better.

Brady wouldn’t be winning this late in his career if he didn’t have what he has around him. Put him on the Jags and he’s retiring. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The common theme though is getting your QB weapons. In any way. At TE, RB, WR whatever. The more the better.

Brady wouldn’t be winning this late in his career if he didn’t have what he has around him. Put him on the Jags and he’s retiring. 

There were a few years in his 30s where he looked bad and inaccurate. Now he has a ton of weapons plus OL and he’s putting up monster numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Diggs is the only player on the Bills I’d consider a “weapon” as fans are relating it to. Gabriel Davis, Cole Beasley, Zack Moss are JAGs. 

If we trotted those guys out on the field Douglas would be criticized. Hell he brought it Corey Davis,  Elijah Moore and Michael Carter gets criticized and they’re better than those guys I mentioned.