Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if both sides would consider a Beal for Cousins swap? Cousins is obviously better, but the contract is an equalizer. The Wiz should try and make a deal around Porter but that probably doesn't get it done. 

Porter has more value to the wizards in this case. He is the ideal number 3 guy. If you were to land Wall/Beal/Cousins, then you would have 3 guys trying to be the #1 I think Wall/Porter/Cousins is a much better fit. 

I would probably go for a Solomon Hill and Cousins for Beal and Gortat deal. 

Both teams would be much better

Washington:

Cousins/Mahinmi
Morris/Smith
Porter/Oubre
Meeks/Mac
Wall/Fraizer

New Orleans:

Gortat/Ajinca
Davis/Diallo
Moore/Cunningham
Beal/Allen
Holiday/Rondo

Washington suddenly has the best team in the East, and since Wall and Cousins are good friends, there is very little chance Cousins doesnt resign.the Pelicans have Beal/Davis combo locked up for a while, and that is potentially great pairing of guys.

bottom line is the Davis and Cousins duo is not gonna work, not with that team the way it is. Maybe you can turn it into something later on down the line when you can add talent, but this trade just makes too much sense for both sides. 

6 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

If the Clippers sell off. What does it take to get Jordon on the Raps?

Honestly I’m not sure anything. You’re not moving derozen or Lowry and Val wouldn’t be enough. If Jordan was on the block someone would outbid Val. 

I think cleveland Boston and Washington will be huge players for him come deadline. 

Is the Boogie & Beal thing a rumor I missed or just speculation here? If I'm NO, I'm assuming Boogie's leaving and taking that Beal deal ASAP. Would definitely try to keep that 1st though. NO should be desperate for young talent. ahhh & i'm just remembering they gave jrue holiday that big *** deal. 

Pass If I'm WAS on giving up Beal though. Don't see why WAS would do that. They're so close. 

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Honestly I’m not sure anything. You’re not moving derozen or Lowry and Val wouldn’t be enough. If Jordan was on the block someone would outbid Val. 

I think cleveland Boston and Washington will be huge players for him come deadline. 

What does Boston add with Hayward on the bench? I think Boston is going to look for an initiator off the bench.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

What does Boston add with Hayward on the bench? I think Boston is going to look for an initiator off the bench.

They need rebounding and shot blocking. That’s been their weakness for a long time. They aren’t going to get a better playmaker off the bench than DJ would be on defense and rebounding. 

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

Is the Boogie & Beal thing a rumor I missed or just speculation here? If I'm NO, I'm assuming Boogie's leaving and taking that Beal deal ASAP. Would definitely try to keep that 1st though. NO should be desperate for young talent. ahhh & i'm just remembering they gave jrue holiday that big *** deal. 

Pass If I'm WAS on giving up Beal though. Don't see why WAS would do that. They're so close. 

They’re close to losing in the second round again. They need to get past cleveland and Boston and their weaknesses are inside. Boogie would have a bigger impact. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They need rebounding and shot blocking. That’s been their weakness for a long time. They aren’t going to get a better playmaker off the bench than DJ would be on defense and rebounding. 

I don't think they need rebounding or an anemic scorer. They need someone who can score some points off the bench. I can't remember the last time the Celts were out rebounded (I could look it up but naaa)

I think New Orleans would laugh and hang up the phone. Beal is one of the most overrated players in the league. Getting Boogie for him is a huge L for New Orleans, especially because at this rate I think its less than a 25% chance Boogie leaves there.

What New Orleans needs to concentrate on is dumping Jrue somehow.

22 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I think New Orleans would laugh and hang up the phone. Beal is one of the most overrated players in the league. Getting Boogie for him is a huge L for New Orleans, especially because at this rate I think its less than a 25% chance Boogie leaves there.

What New Orleans needs to concentrate on is dumping Jrue somehow.

And how did you come up with the percentage? I want Boogie/AD to team up for a while, but definitely no guarantee he stays. I wouldn't make that trade yet, but need to see where this team is at the trade deadline. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And how did you come up with the percentage? I want Boogie/AD to team up for a while, but definitely no guarantee he stays. I wouldn't make that trade yet, but need to see where this team is at the trade deadline. 

Obviously a guess but Boogie has said nothing but great things about New Orleans, he's close with AD and that pairing is playing very well together and the organization has supported him publicly which I think will mean a lot to a guy like Boogie.

I just can't envision him leaving. What would the better opportunities be? 

Archived